Team Leader (906043)
Location: Durren Durren
Job Type: Full time
- Full Time opportunity - based in Wyong
- Shift Pattern - Tuesday to Saturday 1.00pm to 9.30pm
- Be part of Australia’s biggest supply chain network
- Enjoy massive team member savings on Groceries, Beer & Wine, Petrol, Insurance, and more across all Woolworths Brands
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 continues to support our Woolworths, BWS, Dan Murphy’s, Countdown, and BIG W stores across the country, providing them with our customers’ favourite food, drink, and everyday needs items.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Gr
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package including bonuses
- To be a part of a dynamic team that strives to change the face of distribution
- Diverse and Inclusive environment for all
- Be led and work with incredible leaders
- Take the next step in your career
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and passionate individual to join our leadership team as a salaried Team Leader in our Wyong Regional Distribution Centre.
As a Team Leader, you will effectively lead and manage your assigned team (up to 25 team members) to meet safety, operational, people, customer and financial performance expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supervise the performance of a large team to meet production targets and ensure adherence to standard operating procedures
- Lead, motivate and engage team members by applying effective people management processes and practices
- Conduct staff assessments of competence against job standards and criteria
- Build and promote a positive and efficient team environment
- Complete administrative tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure housekeeping and safe work practices are adhered to
- Focus on the continuous improvement of systems and processes
To be considered for this role you need to be able to meet the following selection criteria:
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coaching and managing teams to meet objectives
- Strong planning and problem solving skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Operations/Distribution Centre Operations and warehouse management systems, desirable
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to meet business needs, including changing shifts and days as required
- Demonstrate resilience to meet challenging targets and timeframes
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of one of the most exciting journeys in Australian retail, apply now!
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI-Onsite #work180.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.