State Field Engineering Manager - SANTWA (903276)
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
State Field Engineering / Manager | WA | Woolworths
Skilled, professional Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning Engineer required for refrigeration projects and asset engineering.
- National retailer covering Refrigeration, air-conditioning, heating and ventilation systems.
- Flexible working options available
- Excellent opportunity to continue work on cutting edge tech and grow your career, working for one of the most recognisable brands in Australia
- Area role covering multiple Woolworths stores
The Woolworths 360 Team is a national team of 1,000, responsible for innovating and developing retail stores of the future across supermarkets, Metro & Big W. We’re construction people, facilities and asset management people. We’re planning & commercial people. We’re architects and sustainability people. We’re data analysts, refrigeration and air conditioning people. We are operations and training people. Together, we’re doing our part to bring fresh food and great experiences to our customers every day.
Within Woolworths 360, the Woolworths Facilities Management (WFM) Service team is one of the largest providers of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Services in Australia. The team operates around the country to support our stores, including performing day to day service and maintenance efficiently and with minimum disruption to our stores and customers.
The refrigeration landscape is always changing. We strive to be at the forefront of refrigeration technology with a focus on sustainability and have stores that utilise the latest CO2 refrigeration systems and associated controls. Don’t worry if you don’t have experience with these systems, as this role won’t only provide the exposure , we can also provide training and opportunities to further develop your skills, through our internal teams and relationships with industry-leading partners.
About the role
You will have the opportunity to join some of the most capable, hard-working and technically skilled people in the refrigeration and air-conditioning industry to achieve success and progress the business with energy and enthusiasm.
We are a team of top performers who are driven by not just meeting our own ambitious goals, but by exceeding them. We are proud to be working for an organisation that is committed to continuous improvement, a culture of accountability, a winner’s intensity and a strong service ethic.
We are continuing to grow the engineering and maintenance solutions to our selected customers across the industry as we understand that people are important to the success of our business.
As a Field Engineering / Manager, you will have the opportunity to join / manage Western Aaustralia and South Aaustralia field teams, working closely with both property and Construction project management. The role mediates between internal and external stakeholders to develop refrigeration engineering scope of work documents for all new store and store refurbishment projects. It also leads and has accountability for the management of in-store project support activities that deliver refrigeration works for new and store refurbishments. In addition, the Field Engineer will oversee the identification, initiation and delivery of the business units’ energy and greenhouse emissions minimisation strategies and further be involved in ensuring the successful implementation of approved projects to ensure the successful realisation of these strategies.
Furthermore, you will support the development of any tendering strategy for all refrigeration investment (design, installation, equipment procurement & maintenance) and
further ensure all compliance is maintained with relevant Woolworths’ specifications and Australian Standards.
Who we’re looking for
To be successful in this position, it is essential that you have:
- Refrigeration trade certificate i.e. completion of apprenticeship as a Refrigeration Mechanic; High regard would also be given to Relevant tertiary qualification in an engineering or science discipline.
- Demonstrated experience in Supermarket, Commercial refrigeration and HVAC. Specifically, installation, commissioning, maintenance and engineering industry.
- Team management experience in any of these areas is preferred but not essential.
- Supermarket Commissioning and/ or installation supervisory level experience is essential.
- Program management experience is desirable.
- Relevant National trade qualification is essential. Tertiary qualifications in an engineering or science discipline is desirable.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, including consultation, negotiation and high level representational skills.
- Excellent understanding of engineering systems, including design, installation & maintenance.
- Excellent understanding of commercial refrigeration air conditioning.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to FMCG retail operation and the impact maintenance activities have on that environment.
- Understanding of compliance requirements with relevant codes, Australian Standards and other statutory provisions.
- Experience, ability and comfortable in dealing with senior management at all levels in a large organisation such as Woolworths.
- High-level user of Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Why you’ll love it here
A career with Woolworths will push you and challenge you, providing growth opportunities and the prospects to advance your career. You will have exposure to highly skilled people and access to a host of staff benefits including:
- An attractive remuneration package including base salary, tool of trade motor vehicle, super + incentive bonus scheme.
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Flexible work arrangements
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.