Team Leader (892880)
Job Type: Full time
In October 2020, Woolworths Group Supply Chain rebranded to become Primary Connect - an end-to-end supply chain partner within Woolworths Group. Our team of more than 8,000 support businesses within Woolworths Group (such as Supermarkets, Countdown and Big W), and over 1,300 commercial customers across the country, to connect communities with the products we need and love.
Becoming Primary Connect gives us the opportunity to keep growing so we can become the next generation supply chain whilst remaining an essential part of Woolworths Group. There has never been a more exciting time to join our team.
Team Leader - Afternoon shift
- Join Australia's largest Retail Supply Chain
- Genuine career progression opportunities
- Permanent opportunity with a competitive salary and bonus on offer
We are currently looking for a full time Team Leader to join our Perth Regional Distribution Centre. Offering afternoon shifts, this is a great opportunity to be part of Australia's biggest supply chain network that provides an essential service to Australia and our communities.
Your commitment to leadership and advocacy for our purpose of "connecting communities with the products they need and love” will drive the success of your team and the DC. As a Team Leader you will be responsible for coaching, training and managing your team to achieve the best stock outcomes, getting the right stock to the right people at the right time and into the customers hands.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead, coach and mentor direct reports, creating a customer first culture that delivers great results
- Daily management of the business to achieve planned/budgeted KPIs, cost outcomes, safety measures and service levels
- Build and promote a team environment with a focus on working collaboratively
- Conduct team member assessments of competence
- Complete administrative tasks associated with managing the team including management of leave, time and attendance and injury management
- Ensure housekeeping and safe working practices are adhered to, promoting safety policies and procedures on an ongoing basis
- Effectively communicate with team members and key stakeholders
- Focus on the continuous improvement of systems and processes
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for resilient, results driven individuals who are able to negotiate and influence with stakeholders at all levels. Who will also:
- Strive to be a true leaders - with a proven ability to lead, inspire, engage and recognise your teams achievements
- Strong people leadership skills and knowledge
- Demonstrate front line/management experience managing a minimum of 10 team members
- Strong customer service ethic and understanding of retail operations demands
- Exposure to Unions and dealing with Representatives will be advantageous
- Possess a proven history in coaching and mentoring others
- Be safety focused
- Be flexible with shift times ie: Afternoon shift as well as some weekend shifts
What’s in it for you?
- Culture of innovation, recognition and always creating together
- Join one of Australia’s most trusted brands
- Great benefits and discounts across our brands
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn #LI or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au.