Service Technician (908354)
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
- Refrigeration Service Technician | Woolworths - Inner Melbourne
- Be exposed to the latest refrigeration technologies and training
- Attractive package including discounts on groceries, ALH Pubs + option for a Car Allowance
- Permanent full-time role
- Area role covering multiple Woolworths stores (Abbotsford, Airport West, Barkly Square, Brunswick, Brunswick North, Carlton and Fitzroy)
The Woolworths Format Development Team is a national team of 1,000, responsible for innovating and developing retail stores of the future across supermarkets, Metro & Big W. We’re construction people, facilities and asset management people. We’re planning & commercial people. We’re architects and sustainability people. We’re data analysts, refrigeration and air conditioning people. We are operations and training people. Together, we’re doing our part to bring fresh food and great experiences to our customers every day.
Within Format & Network Development, the Woolworths Facilities Management (WFM) Service team is one of the largest providers of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Services in Australia. The team operates around the country to support our stores, including performing day to day service and maintenance efficiently and with minimum disruption to our stores and customers.
The refrigeration landscape is always changing. We strive to be at the forefront of refrigeration technology with a focus on sustainability and have stores that utilise trans-critical/cascade CO2 refrigeration systems on RDM, Danfoss, Dixell iPro and Emerson Controllers. This role will provide exposure to the latest supermarket refrigeration systems and provide opportunities to further develop your skills. We also provide our team members with the latest product training via our relationships with industry-leading partners.
As a Service Technician, you will ensure facilities management services to our customers are at the highest levels and ensure we operate as a Proactive, Responsive and Efficient service model. Our Service Technicians work with us on a permanent full-time basis and across shared designated areas in a reactive and proactive maintenance capacity.
You’ll be joining a close-knit team who are team players, supporting each other across the state. They’ll guide each other with advice when they need it and buddy up on the jobs that need a few more hands. There are a variety of career pathways to choose from within our business and joining the Woolworths Service Technician team isn’t just a job. It’s an investment in your career and we’re keen to see you develop, grow and be at your best.
In this exciting role you’ll:
- Visit various stores to perform troubleshooting, identifying issues and servicing equipment.
- Deliver preventative and corrective maintenance works in accordance with planned schedules
- Review tasks to be completed
- Complete associated paperwork and reporting
- Monitor replacement spare part inventory
- Recommend capital works to help reduce operational costs
- Liaise with our technical team on the status of tasks
- Develop relationships with our facilities management, support and technical teams, store teams and our call support centre team
- Work closely with construction teams including informing engineers, planning for replacements and assisting in prioritising capital works
- Genuinely support and continue to develop a diverse and inclusive workplace
Who we’re looking for
We have a great team and we need likeminded people who are passionate about going the extra mile for our stores and customers.
To ensure your success in this role, you will have:
- Trade qualifications in Refrigeration
- Current Arctic licence
- Current drivers licence
- Energy safe restricted electrical worker's licence
- Solid post apprenticeship experience including experience within the commercial refrigeration service and installation industry
- Flexibility to work overtime, travel to various sites and to be on call as required (a shared roster system)
- An ability to self manage tasks as required
- A good level of computer literacy
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of C02 systems, Emerson & RDM controls advantageous
Why you’ll love it here
The cherry on top!
- In addition to this exciting role, we offer some fantastic benefits to our Technicians including:
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered including either a car allowance or Tool of trade vehicle. Wages will be inline with current EA agreement
- Team member discounts at all of Woolworths businesses
- A variety of pathways to grow your career
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Flexible working arrangements - you can have a work life balance at Woolworths - it is possible in the trade!
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can follow us on LinkedIn or see more opportunities via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #Work180