Category Development Manager | BIG W (908200)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
Category Development Manager
What we're like
At BIG W everyday’s a big day. For you, this could be the start of something big.
There are over 15,000 of us, in the biggest cities and the tiniest towns. And each of us has an important role to play to help make a real difference for families by providing real value, real solutions and real care.
If you have a passion for designing and delivering great customer and team experiences, a desire to join a business that is rapidly evolving into a purpose led digital retailer enabled by a great store network, and you’re looking for a place that cares about your development and growth, you could be who we’re looking for.
The Category Development manager is responsible for the development and delivery of category strategies, through to execution and delivery of outcomes within range reviews. This role will focus on designing a differentiated offer for our customers, leveraging our data and insights through customer first ranging tools and methodology to inform our ranging decisions and maximising the potential of our Buying and Merchandise teams to drive innovation and a customer first mindset.
- Extensive experience in leading a retail Range capability
- 5yr plus Retail / Category management experience
- Proven ability to deliver major transformation initiatives and leading teams
- Deliver, with the support of the commercial leadership, strategic range reviews in Big W, accurately and on time
- Lead the development of the refreshed range tailoring program across Big W
- Partner with Category Managers by deriving data led insights, providing recommendations on category strategy and influencing to land customer first results
- Identify category opportunities through structured analysis and problem solving across different areas; including customer behaviour, market trends, category performance, pricing, supplier dynamics
- Incorporate strategic insights from qualitative and quantitative consumer and category research into ranging decisions
- Managing a team of Category Development analysts as they partner with the commercial team to deliver on the set strategic goals for upcoming category reviews
- Use analytical tools to drive range reviews; including category segmentation, clustering, range performance and product optimisation
- Consult and collaborate confidently with stakeholders across the business to achieve desired outcomes
Joining the Group
As part of the wider Woolworths Group, we care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn #LI #work180
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. BIG W is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.