Team Leader - Heathwood Chilled and Frozen DC (927554)
Location: Acacia Ridge
Job Type: Full time
Team Leader - Heathwood Chilled and Frozen DC
- New opportunities for talented Team Leaders to join our Heathwood Distribution Centre (HDC) for ongoing position
- Be part of our broader effort to build a better tomorrow for our customers, team members and communities in Queensland
- Join one of Australia’s leading retail groups, and enjoy the opportunity to grow and make a positive difference
We are currently looking for one full-time Team Leader to join our Heathwood Chilled and Frozen DC. The roster will include a Tuesday to Saturday from 4:30am - 1pm. This is a great opportunity to be part of Australia's biggest supply chain network that provides an essential service to Australia and our communities.
Your commitment to leadership and advocacy for our purpose of ‘connecting communities with the products they need and love will drive the success of your team and the DC. As a Team Leader, you will be responsible for coaching, training and managing your team to achieve the best stock outcomes, getting the right stock to the right people at the right time and into the customers hands.
Key Responsibilities include
- Supervise the performance of a large team to meet production targets and ensure adherence to standard operating procedures
- Lead, motivate and engage team members by applying effective people management processes and practices
- Daily management of the business to achieve planned/budgeted KPIs, cost outcomes, safety measures, performance standards and service levels.
- Complete administrative tasks associated with managing the team including management of leave, time and attendance and injury management.
- Effectively communicate with team members and key stakeholders.
- Focus on the continuous improvement of systems and processes.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for resilient, results driven individuals who are able to negotiate and influence with stakeholders at all levels. Who will also:
- Demonstrated experience in leading, coaching and managing teams to meet objectives
- Strive to be a true leaders - with a proven ability to lead, inspire, engage and recognise your teams achievements
- Strong planning and problem solving skills including the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Strong customer service ethic and understanding of retail operations demands
- Exposure to Unions and dealing with Representatives will be advantageous
- Possess a proven history in coaching and mentoring others
- Safety focused
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package including bonuses
- To be a part of a dynamic team that strives to change the face of distribution
- Team member discounts across all Woolworths Group and partner businesses
- Diverse and Inclusive environment for all
- Be led and work with incredible leaders
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You