Senior Software Engineer (927207)
Job Type: Full time
At WooliesX, our people believe in creating better everyday experiences for our community.
With 1,800+ team members, multiple practices and over 100 chapters, there’s a home for everyone here. Whether your interests lie in data driven insights and product engineering, digital media, ecom, operations, customer advocacy, commercial, agile or more, you can find your squad across all kinds of capabilities.
Our squads live their “one day”, every day. We work on Australia’s most innovative tech, design, engineering and more to transform the way that millions of Australians live and shop. Physically, you can find us in Surry Hills, but virtually, we can be anywhere.
Our culture combines the support, care and freedom that comes with being part of the Woolworths Group. We are an agile team embracing diversity of thought and positive change. We thrive on pragmatism, mutual respect, care, curiosity, openness, and a proactive attitude. As a team we continually seek ways to support and learn from each other.
About the Role
- To take control and participate as a Full Stack Senior Developer focusing on the MPP
- (Media Platforms & Products) business unit, Traffic Orchestration tribe and the
- Personalisation chapter. The Tribe focuses on building a great seamless connected
- customer experience. You will partner with the Tech Lead, Design and Development team
- to achieve business and technology goals. You will be responsible to deliver solutions on
- Google Cloud Platform for the biggest online retailer in Australia.
The ideal candidate will possess
- Professional work experience with Cloud Platform GCP & Firebase.
- Experience in languages like Python, Node.js and React.
- In depth knowledge of key GCP services - GCE, GKE, GAE, GCS, Cloud SQL, VPC, Resource Manager, Stack Driver, Cloud CDN, Cloud IAM, GSuite(good to have) Infrastructure as Code etc.
- In depth knowledge of GCP SKD/API tools like gcloud, gutils, kubeclt etc.,
- In-depth knowledge of design, implementation, engineering, automation and devops implementation, service operation and service improvement initiatives.
- Strong working knowledge of Git.
- Experience using test-driven development with appropriate level of coverage.
- Experience with containerised applications (Docker and Kubernetes in particular).
- Experience with an agile approach to product development where the value is delivered in small increments at each stage of development.
- Pair programming experience, willing to work collaboratively to both give and receive feedback within a shared code ownership team.
- Ability to translate product requirements and user needs into human, readable code that is easy to maintain and evolve.
- Focus on continuous improvement by approaching changes in small, incremental steps. Can describe the approaches you have taken to the wider cross-discipline team.
- Hands on, persistent, result-oriented, and humble — you get things done
- You are a full-stack developer who desires a results-driven, collaborative, and fast-paced environment, and has a high focus on producing robust, functional and quality software.
- You are a passionate problem-solver, a forward-thinker who can grow, change, challenge and can support and manage escalated technical challenges.
- You have strong organisational and communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage, influence and negotiate at all levels with a wide range of stakeholders.
- You are naturally curious and empathetic, who thinks differently and thinks big.
- You deal with complexity by collaborating with colleagues, listening to customers, testing ideas and continuously learning. You take authorship for what you create.
- You get agile and have a strong experience in agile delivery, ability to balance rapid iteration speed with continually improving the overall stability, scalability, security and modularity of the product.
- Significant experience with building highly scalable and resilient distributed cloud applications.
- Competitive salary + annual bonus
- Staff discount in Woolworths and BigW stored and other discounts with Woolworths partners
- 20% Chapter time so you learn on the job and family time is family time!
- Online learning Subscription provided.
- Most importantly a fantastic culture where the Team is always first!
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You