Licensing Specialist (928149)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
- Shape and provide guidance & framework on critical regulatory and legislative licensing compliance matters
- Develop and grow to ensure ongoing compliance within a leading retailer
- Be the go-to person for regulatory and legislative licensing compliance guidance
We are Woolworths Group
We are Woolworths Group. 200,000+ bright minds, passionate hearts and unique perspectives connected by a shared Purpose – ‘to create better experiences together for a better tomorrow.’ It’s that Purpose that fuels our ambition to explore new ideas, make brave commitments and innovate better ways to meet the food and everyday needs of more than 24 million customers every week.
If you’re excited to turn today’s blue sky thinking into a better tomorrow for future generations, you’ll find yourself supported and enriched in a dynamic, inclusive and empowering workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve. With a culture of genuine care, a flexible approach to work and opportunities across the group to grow your career and make a meaningful impact, the possibilities for what we can achieve together are endless.
Welcome to Woolworths 360
We’re the national team of 1,000 bright minds designing, developing and innovating the retail stores of the future across construction, operations, sustainability, data, refrigeration, and everything in between. United by a passion for bringing fresh food and great experiences to our customers every day, our ‘Best in, Better out’ mentality guides our decisions and puts customers at the heart of all we do. Every day we’re reimagining and reinventing our stores, innovating new fulfilment processes, and developing simpler, smarter and more sustainable solutions to future proof our network and fight for a healthier planet.
What you’ll experience
Our Team Members are at the heart of everything we do and we’re always looking for ways to support your career journey and reward great work:
- A progressive and flexible ‘work from anywhere’ policy that gives you control over your work, life and wellbeing.
- Team discounts across our range of Woolworths Group brands you know and love and a robust rewards program that celebrates and incentivises purpose-driven work.
- A global business with endless career possibilities around every corner and across every discipline – with valuable exposure to a vast and exciting business network.
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super + Tool of Trade (vehicle, laptop, phone).
- A range of programs to help you prioritise and manage your wellbeing, including a competitive leave policy and 24/7 access to the Sonder app.
What you’ll do
As the Licensing Specialist, you will support Woolworths 360 in ensuring its compliance with legislative licensing requirements. This wide-reaching role with support nearly 1,500 Woolworths Group facilities throughout Australia and New Zealand (Woolworths Supermarkets, Metro, Big W and Countdown) and a further 1,200 stores on behalf of the Endeavour Group (BWS and Dan Murphy’s). In this role, you will:
- Manage a comprehensive licensing compliance program, including Contractor/Technician compliance of licenses and regulations for all equipment
- Maintain internal and external stakeholders' communication for updates to licensing requirements and regulations, and implement them within Woolworths Group systems
- Provide regular compliance reporting & licensing support to the relevant stakeholders within Woolworths360 and Woolworths Group Limited
- Assist with any queries and support contractor safety compliance processes
- Manage contractor safety compliance processes for Woolworths 360
What you’ll bring
You are energised by playing a key role within the Group, and by being in an evolving space. You also are able to meet some of the below criteria:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Compliance Role with a focus on Licensing Management and/or compliance to legislation and regulations.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a Property/ Facilities Maintenance or Contract/Commercial procurement role
- You have strong communication skills (formal, written & verbal)
- Comfortable working side-by-side with senior leadership, on-site teams, regulatory agencies, and external suppliers.
- Ability to review and interpret regulations, legislation and codes to provide guidance and reporting to stakeholders on key updates and requirements relating to licensing compliance
- Able to balance conflicting work priorities and engage with multiple stakeholders in a busy and dynamic work environment
- Working knowledge of Maximo & SAP, Google & Microsoft suite
Everyone belongs at Woolworths Group
We believe that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are key to realising our purpose of better together for a better tomorrow. We recognise the value our team’s diversity brings to our business, our customers and our communities, and that teams with diverse experiences and backgrounds enrich our group and are better able to innovate and solve problems. As one of the largest employers in Australia and New Zealand, we aim to create a truly inclusive workplace where everyone feels that they belong, can be their best self and reach their full potential.
We encourage all candidates to apply, please let us know in your application if we can support you with any adjustments in the hiring process.
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You