Area Manager (929022)
Location: New South Wales
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
With the ultimate aim of putting our customers and team first, our Group Manager position is pivotal to coach, support and lead our store teams to success. Engaging with a variety of stakeholders, the Group Manager is accountable for leading stores to meet key objectives and embed our purpose, values and ways of working to ensure a customer and team 1st culture built on solid foundations.
We are looking for a full time permanent Area Manager to support 8 stores across Wagga Wagga in Rural NSW (Griffith, Griffith North, Gundagai, Kooringal, Leeton, Tumut, Wagga Wagga and Wagga Wagga North).
- Lead, manage and support Store Managers and their team
- Create and support initiatives that drive a Customer First culture within the group
- Lead through change initiatives and be open to Agile / different ways of working
- Develop and embed a high performance and engaging team 1st culture.
- Build and develop self sufficiency and capability within the group
- Develop strategies to drive team engagement within the group.
- Establish a Safety culture by ensuring safety is a priority in everything we do.
- Implement the State Business Plan within the Zone to ensure delivery of the Supermarket strategy.
- Ensure we are competitive and become the retailer of choice for our customers.
- Set and deliver high operational standards for the Group across merchandising, on-shelf availability, food quality, safety & RTW, VOC & VOT and the minimization of loss
You will have:
- Retail leadership experience, multi-site exposure
- Experience leading and embedding change
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement, negotiation and influencing skills
- A strategic mind and the ability to see the bigger picture aligning our store priorities to support achieving them
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to relate to a range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability in prioritisation and time management
- The ability to translate data or analytics into real time information that supports robust decision making
- Experience leading, supporting and developing a team
- Flexibility to travel
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- An attractive remuneration package including base + superannuation + Tool of Trade
- Relocation support
- Team member discounts at all Woolworths businesses
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across our brands
- Flexible work arrangements
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.