Business Development Manager (925961)
Job Type: Full time
Primary Connect is Australia and New Zealand’s largest food and retail supply chain, powering the brands of the Woolworths Group.
Primary Connect+ is the commercial arm of Primary Connect. Our retailer-agnostic, technology-driven model delivers end-to-end supply chain solutions for more than 1,300 food and retail customers. Our dynamic, high-growth business is looking for a passionate and customer centric team member to join our business development team.
Business Development Manager
- Execute the Primary Connect strategy and vision; ‘We are passionate about moving our customers’ products in the safest, freshest way possible.’
- Develop optimised network solutions for our customers to improve efficiencies and costs.
- Identify new business opportunities
- This role is open to anyone based on the East Coast of Australia, our team is based across Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
To execute the Primary Connect strategy and vision; ‘We are passionate about delivering products to customers in the safest, freshest way possible.’
Specifically accountable for developing and implementing new business opportunities, working across the broader Primary Connect team in the planning and execution of these. Focusing on safety, teamwork and relationship building, with internal stakeholders and externally with our Supplier and carrier partners.
This is a rare opportunity to join the faster growing portfolio in the PC+ business and a passionate and customer centric team. The role would suit someone who adopts a growth mindset and likes to create opportunities and pursue new business leads.
You will also be responsible for:
- Support SBDM in the delivery of the commodity growth strategy
- Leading Primary Connect's participation in customer RFP's
- Accountability for developing new business and closing customer opportunities & leads
- Supporting the delivery of the category financial targets
- Identifying and deliver new organic growth revenue streams with bundling of services
- Own and support the Conversion Process, with accountability for end to end oversight, accuracy & on-time execution
- Identify potential opportunities and leads based on conversations, analysis and strategic guidance from SBDM
- Support the strategic ‘engagement model’ for new customers, based on identified strategic sales development pipeline
- Work alongside Network Development Managers to finalise network opportunities for new customers
Who we’re looking for
In order to be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 2-3 years in a sales or business development role, preferably in supply chain.
- Strong relationship management and stakeholder engagement, collaborating and bringing multiple stakeholders together to align on and execute plans
- Excellent communication skills to gain commitment and bring others on the journey with you
- Creative thinking with a passionate ‘can do’ attitude
- High level of commercial and analytical acumen
- Good influencing and negotiation skills to agree best possible outcomes
- 3-5 experience in Supply Chain with Transport & 3PL background preferred
- Flexibility to travel as part of your role at least once a fortnight or monthly
What’s in it for you?
- A great opportunity to join an established, profitable business with huge potential to grow, that is part of a greater group with true career progression
- Culture of innovation, recognition and always creating together
- Join one of Australia’s most trusted brands, 2022 Top 10 LinkedIn employers and Work180 endorsed employer
- Great team benefits and discounts include access to discounts in our supermarkets and liquor partners, novated leases, share purchase plans, reduced insurance products, entertainment, theme parks, cinemas, lifestyle and other attraction discounts
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You
If you meet a number of the requirements, but not all, we encourage you to submit your application. You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI-Hybrid #work180.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.