Employee Relations Advisor (929537)
Job Type: Full time
About Woolworths Group
Woolworths Group is a food and everyday needs retailer united by the shared purpose of creating better experiences together for a better tomorrow. With more than 1,400 stores across its Woolworths Supermarkets, Countdown Supermarkets (New Zealand) and BIG W brands, and fast-growing eCommerce businesses, Woolworths Group is Australia and New Zealand’s largest retailer. A top 10 company on the Australian Securities Exchange (ASX), Woolworths Group employs more than 180,000 team members and serves more than 20 million customers a week.
- Flexible working arrangements on offer
- Sydney based opportunity but open to interstate applicants
- Full-time permanent contract
Woolworths Group is seeking an ER Advisor to join our team based in Sydney (Norwest/Surrey Hills) (preferably but open to considering interstate applicants).
You will join a close knit team who foster a culture of collaboration and service excellence. We are enabled by effective and efficient people processes and technology to support the management of our ER matters.
Woolworths Group works in an Agile environment. The ER Advisor role is an integral part of the My Wellbeing & Belonging Tribe reporting to the ER Capability Lead. This is a largely autonomous role focusing on providing high quality Employee Relations advice to the business.
Whilst bringing to life our company values of “team first culture” and “we care deeply”, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering day to day phone based advice and coaching to line managers on employee relations matters such as grievances, performance management, misconduct, investigations, policy breaches, wellness and health matters
- Staying abreast of internal policy and external legislation to ensure the highest quality advice is given
- Advising on and implementing Woolworths' Workplace Adjustments Policy as part of our committment to supporting team members with disabilities whom may require workplace adjustments to carry out their work
- Influencing, coaching and developing line managers to model the desired interpersonal and leadership skills to create a positive working environment in line with our values
WOWpeople are great people. Whether we’re learning new things, seizing the initiative, or winning together our customers are at the heart of everything we do. If you’re the sort of individual who takes accountability and strives to always do the right thing for each other, our communities, our customers, and our business then we ought to connect.
Together with experience in a similar role, we are seeking the following skills and experience:
- Relevant experience in Retail operations and/or case management with respect to employee relations and/or workers compensation
- Proven ability to coach and support employees and line managers
- Experience interpreting and advising on the Fair Work Act and Enterprise Agreements
- Strong communication skills, stakeholder management and relationship building skills are important as is a commercial orientation
- Effective time management and the ability to manage a number of competing priorities and time sensitive cases
- Tertiary experience in human resources, law or psychology and/or prior experience is a requirement
Why you’ll love it here
In addition to this exciting role, these are some of the benefits we offer:
- Hybrid working arrangements that will help you thrive
- An attractive remuneration package including base + super
- Be led and work with incredible leaders
- The opportunity to collaborate with some of the brightest and best minds in Australia across Woolworths
- An exciting career - as our business grows, so do the opportunities for our people
- Get your Woolies worth through team member benefits across all of our brands
Grow with the Group
As an inclusive, team-first company, our people are at the core of everything we do.
We care deeply about creating a workplace where our team members feel valued, respected and empowered. We are committed to providing equal opportunity regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We are proud to be recognised as a Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index for LGBTQ+ inclusion and as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency.
As our Group continues to evolve, innovate and support our communities, we encourage our team members to do the same with their own careers, by providing ongoing opportunities to grow and make a real difference.
We value flexibility, and encourage our team members to work in ways that meet their work/life commitments and support their wellbeing.
We work hard to create a safe and inclusive environment for all, and most importantly, we're all about creating better experiences – for our customers and for each other.
We’d love to hear from You