Finance Manager - DC Operations (947823)
Location: Baulkham Hills
Job Type: Full time
- Partner with DCs and 3PL vendors to optimise financial and productivity outcomes for the business
- 10 - 12 months secondment
- Based in Norwest with flexible working options
Welcome to Primary Connect
Primary Connect is the most extensive food and retail supply chain network in Australia and New Zealand. Our 10,000-strong team are an essential part of the expansive Woolworths Group, which encompasses Woolworths Supermarkets and Metro stores, BIG W, Countdown NZ, Quantium, and more. With us, your possibilities are not limited to a single opportunity.
We’re delivering to more than 3,000 retail stores every day (stores like Woolworths, BIG W, Dan Murphy’s, and BWS), but at Primary Connect, we’re more than just a supply chain business. We’re a big team, but every individual plays a pivotal role and leaves a distinctive impact.
Our extensive reach opens up boundless opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development. By raising your hand, fostering relationships, and seizing the moment, you can take control of your own unique path.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Head of Finance - DC Operations, the primary responsibility of the role is to oversee and provide clear insight into the drivers of each SANTWA DCs financial performance as well as all 3PL sites nationally. This role will also work closely with Insights, OpsEx and the Supply Chain and 3PL Managers to support productivity improvement activities. You will be involved with:
- Monitoring financial performance of each site and working with 3PL/Supply Chain Managers to deliver financial performance improvements where required
- Supporting productivity by providing clear cost to serve analysis to aid decision making and monitoring benefit delivery
- Working with the national procurement team, ensure that all major procurement contracts are managed effectively and new contracts are evaluated to deliver maximum value
- Provide support to 3PL and State Manager on capital expenditure decisions through financial analysis, including the financial implications of decisions and helping the business unit get approval for commercially viable business cases, budgets and investment proposals
- Provide support on significant projects in the 3PL / State on business case development, project deployment and execution and benefits tracking against business case
What you’ll bring
In Finance we have an overarching capability framework that brings to life 5 key capabilities that shape who we are, what we do and how we work together, these are; value co-creator, inspiring leader, trusted advisor, agile learner and insights generator. We are looking forward to hearing how you may have demonstrated these capabilities whilst also thinking about your relevant experience.
- Preferably 15+ years post qualified experience
- Strong commercial awareness, business acumen and business partnering skills
- Operational Distribution Centre experience is very highly regarded
- Strong data analysis and modelling skills to analyse and summarise high volumes of data from multiple sources
- Ability to communicate complex financial information to a broad audience; able to make the complex simple
What you’ll experience
Our Team Members are at the heart of everything we do and we’re always looking for ways to support your career journey and reward great work:
- You will be joining corporate Australia’s largest onsite finance team of over 800 team members. This scale brings complexity, challenges and opportunities for an extremely rewarding career
- Flexibility is valued and supported across Woolworths Group and covers flexible work hours and locations (including working from overseas for up to 8 weeks per year), flexible career opportunities, and flexible leave options
- Team discounts across our range of Woolworths Group brands you know and love and a robust rewards program that celebrates and incentivises purpose-driven work.
- A global business with endless career possibilities around every corner and across every discipline – with valuable exposure to a vast and exciting business network.
Endless possibilities with Woolworths Group
We’re a proud part of the Woolworths Group – 200,000+ bright minds, passionate hearts and unique perspectives working together connected by a shared Purpose – ‘to create better experiences together for a better tomorrow.’
Here you’ll be supported and empowered to explore new ideas, make brave commitments and innovate better ways to meet the food and everyday needs of more than 24 million customers every week. Backed by a culture of genuine care, a flexible approach to work and the support to grow your career and make a meaningful impact, the possibilities for what we can achieve together are endless.
Everyone belongs at Woolworths Group
Diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging are key to realising our purpose of better together for a better tomorrow. We recognise the value our team’s diversity brings to our business, customers, and communities and that teams with diverse experiences and backgrounds enrich our group and are better able to innovate and solve problems. As one of the largest employers in Australia and New Zealand, we aim to create a truly inclusive workplace where everyone feels that they belong, can be their best selves, and reach their full potential.
We encourage all candidates to apply; please let us know in your application if we can support you with any adjustments in the hiring process.
You can learn more about working with us on LinkedIn or via www.wowcareers.com.au. #LI #work180.
Our Talent Acquisition Team and Hiring Leaders kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Woolworths Group is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.