2024 Apprentice Program - Gas Transmission Apprentice
Job Type: Full time
Zinfra partners with companies across the utility and infrastructure sectors to deliver maintenance, operations, engineering, and construction services. For our partners our work is crucial to maintaining the safety and reliability of their electricity and gas transmission and distribution assets.
About the role
Kickstart your career with us at Zinfra!
We are seeking a motivated Gas Transmission Apprentice to undertake a Certificate III Gas Supply Industry Operations over a 3-year program which will enable you to obtain industry skills and knowledge under the supervision of qualified and experienced professionals, while also attending our registered training provider to complete your certification.
The location for this apprenticeship will be based at Longford however you will be travelling between other sites along the Eastern Gas Pipeline, as well as to our Greystanes depot at various intervals for your training.
During the program, you will be a valued member of our team and will participate in workplace and worksite rotations, experiencing a variety of work environments within the gas supply industry which will enhance your skills and career development opportunities.
Key Responsibilities include
- Operation and maintenance of high pressure natural gas equipment
- Maintaining rotating machinery and engines
- Patrol and maintenance of pipeline right of ways
- Strategic response to leak reports and other emergencies
- Repair and maintenance of pipeline coatings, valves and mechanical equipment
- Liaison with landholders and public authorities
- Promote and drive a safety culture
- A wide variety of duties including mechanical activities, weed control, erosion control, documentation and records maintenance
This is an exciting time for our industry and we would love to be able to share this journey with someone who is committed and eager to learn. When you complete the program successfully, you will have completed all competencies for a Certificate III Gas Supply Industry Operations and will submit ongoing workplace evidence addressing the elements within the Gas Operations qualification.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- An enjoyment of working in the outdoors and display a mechanical aptitude
- Current drivers licence is preferred but not essential (though will be required from the second year of your apprenticeship)
- A good positive attitude and a willingness to work as a team will no doubt see you succeed in your new role
Why you should come and work for us
Our people are our greatest strength and inspiration so having various flexible working options, paid parental leave and leave purchase plans amongst many other benefits are key foundational elements on which we have built our success. We are passionate about what we do and we are proud of who we are. Safety is the cornerstone of our organisation and respect for community and country is the keystone that locks in place our Group Values.
We understand and value the multiple strengths and contributions of a diverse workforce, the ability to work hybrid where possible, and our Reconciliation Action Plan is demonstrated commitment to employment, business, and partnership opportunities with Australia's First Peoples. We actively encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, People with Disability and LGBTQIA+.
When you join Zinfra, you become part of our diverse, inclusive and passionate team, where you can be your committed self.
During our recruitment process, you will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including pre-employment medical, reference checks and a national police check.
Notice to Third Parties: Jemena does not accept unsolicited resumes (or liability associated with fees or costs) from recruitment agencies, search firms or third parties. Interested candidates are welcome to submit their application independently.