Government Relations Manager, NSW
Job Type: Full time
ASX Top 50 Leading Energy Infrastructure Company
Sydney - Hybrid working Available
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $21 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2000 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day to deliver our vision to be world class in energy solutions.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Government Relations Manager (NSW) to join our Sustainability and Corporate Affairs team in our Sydney office on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the General Manager, Government & Industry Relations, you will be responsible for driving and coordinating engagement with priority stakeholders in New South Wales.
- Lead in the development of government relations strategies across New South Wales to support organisational goals
- Provide expert support APA executive to across issues pertaining to the energy sector including those requiring advocacy
- Provide insights and analysis on government stakeholders to APA’s business units
- Working with relevant internal stakeholders, undertake research and prepare briefing papers, responses to changes in relevant government policies, legislation and regulation
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with key government stakeholders
- Co-ordinate engagement with executives and government stakeholders
- Oversee voluntary disclosure and reporting, planning and processes (including contributions to annual and sustainability reports) and develop and maintain the APA register of political database and engagement activity
- Tertiary qualification and/or relevant work experience in related discipline
- Demonstrated successful experience and management of government relationships and stakeholders in the jurisdiction of Victoria
- Extensive knowledge and experience of government processes and the relationships between political offices and the bureaucracy
The newly created Sustainability and Corporate Affairs division manages relationships with key external stakeholders, including media, economic regulators, governments and the broader community.
The division also supports the business by providing strategic communications, branding, social media and digital support.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. We are proud to offer hybrid working arrangements for our office-based roles.
Role closes 2 June 2023
Role Reference number 3774
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
PD is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us on apa.com.au/careers