Digital Communications Specialist
Job Type: Full time
APA is a leading Australian energy infrastructure business. We own and/or manage and operate a diverse, $22 billion portfolio of gas, electricity, solar and wind assets. Consistent with our purpose to strengthen communities through responsible energy, we deliver approximately half of the nation’s gas usage and connect Victoria with South Australia, Tasmania with Victoria and New South Wales with Queensland through our investments in electricity transmission assets. We are also one of the largest owners and operators of renewable power generation assets in Australia, with wind and solar projects across the country.
We employ more than 2,200 people across Australia and know that they are the key to our success. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive culture, where all our people feel safe, valued, and trusted to do their best every day.
We now have an exciting opportunity available for a Digital Communications Specialist to join our Corporate Affairs and Sustainability team in our Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane office on a Permanent basis.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Communications and as part of the Communications Team, with a remit to build, defend and enhance APA's brand and reputation with all stakeholders, this role supports the flawless execution of the visual components of digital communications for the Digital Communications team as well as the broader Sustainability & Corporate Affairs team.
- Support the delivery of APA's Digital Channels Strategy, and project management
- Content design development, including animation, video, and graphic design from planning to production and execution
- Support of key communications for major external events, such as financial results, AGM and major corporate announcements
- Support the graphic design elements of presentations and communications collateral as and when required
- Support the strategic goals, including telling the APA story, and deliver compelling visual communication that lifts our user experience, both internally and externally
- Edit, manage and publish corporate content to APA owned digital channels including the intranet, website content, corporate blog, and social media channels
- Tertiary Education in Digital Media, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Graphic design, online design, and video production for an online environment
- Extensive experience with the Adobe Creative Suite – specifically Premier Pro and Illustrator
- Superior MS PowerPoint skills
- Ability to collaborate and influence within a matrixed team and work with all levels of leadership
- Understanding of best practice trends and innovation in digital communications
The role forms part of APA’s recently created Sustainability and Corporate Affairs division, which has responsibility for employee, external, digital, government and industry and sustainability initiatives.
The division also supports the business by providing strategic communications, branding, social media and digital support.
Sound like your kind of career? We’d love to hear from you.
APA is an equal opportunity employer. The safety and sustainability of our people, community and environment is our focus. We embrace diversity in our people to ensure our workforce is representative of the communities that we operate in.
When you join us on this journey to success, you will have access to targeted career development programs, competitive remuneration, employee benefits, work–life balance and wellbeing programs. We are proud to offer hybrid working arrangements for our office-based roles.
Role closes 30 September 2023
Role Reference number 4924
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.
PD is available on request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us on apa.com.au/careers