REZ Proposal Manager
Job Type: Full time
- The future of energy is exciting! Join us on our transformation journey
- Competitive REM + Bonus + flexible working arrangements
- Fixed Term 2 years | Potential future opportunities
Just imagine a future where households and businesses can generate their own energy and sell it back to the grid, ultimately connecting communities and empowering lives. Are you ready to play your part in an evolving industry?
Ausgrid is on an exciting transformation journey and now is the time to be a part of something big. We are proud to service Australia’s east coast, as a leading business in energy distribution, delivering a safe and reliable electricity supply to more than 1.8 million homes – that’s over four million Australians relying on us every day.
Our vision is simple; for our communities to have the power for a resilient, affordable net zero future.
We take pride in knowing that the work we collectively achieve today, will transform the world tomorrow. We value a culture of working and living safely, being customer focussed, commercially minded, collaborative, honest, accountable, and respectful. Our values are not just initiatives driven by leaders; they define the way we work.
Meet our team!
The REZ Proposal Manager will sit within our newly created group ‘Transmission Development and Growth’ (TD&G) reporting directly to the REZ Commercial Director.
TD&G is a dynamic group who will play a significant role in establishing Ausgrid as a key player in the deployment of new large-scale transmission services. We will create low-cost electricity solutions for our customers, by linking households and businesses to renewable energy sources and developing large scale storage options!
Your new role
The REZ Proposal Manager works closely with the Commercial Director to convert transmission development prospects into projects across the NSW electricity roadmap.
This role will see you interpret bid requirements accurately and identify commercial innovations to positively differentiate from competitors whilst ensuring submissions are accurate and complete. You will Lead or participate in pre and post-bid negotiations, contract formation, award and project launch.
- Ensure strong contract, commercial and financial risk management, accurate forecasting of both costs and revenue
- Ensure that the bid is financially viable, margin expectations can be met, and risk complies with corporate guidelines
Find out more about REZ’s here.
Spark our interest!
Our hiring decisions are not only based on your experience and skills, but your passion, attitude, and alignment to our core values.
- Tertiary degree in Engineering or Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience in applying structured and market based project management principles in the delivery of responses to formal, complex contestable bid processes including:
- Supporting the REZ Commercial Director to lead in the development of win strategies / themes including facilitating workshops and clearly articulate outcomes to the broader team including senior management, ELT and partners as required.
- Assist new and cross functional business teams (internal and external) to convert prospects including EOI’s, RFP’s and post bid phases, up to and including contract award
- Managing project stakeholders to ensure effective completion of responsibilities and deliverables
- Creating positive team dynamics and a culture of success
- Assisting commercial and legal mangers to negotiate contracts with the client and partners
- Understanding the functional requirements of the project brief / project requirements to enhance the value of the project solution
- Demonstrated experience in corporate planning, commercial analysis, commercial reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Demonstrated experience in building sound relationships with multiple stakeholders with demonstrated ability to challenge and influence senior stakeholders
- Established interpersonal skills and experience in dealing with a variety of internal, and external stakeholders and partners.
Grow with Ausgrid
To continue building on our rich heritage, we actively invest in our people’s development through secondments, onsite training, mentoring circles, e-learning, Australian Graduate School of Management programs (UNSW) and study assistance.
Revel in more than just a competitive salary! Our employees enjoy a dynamic range of market leading support and safety services, wellbeing programs, corporate discounts, and flexibility arrangements in many forms.
Our people are paramount to the continued success of Ausgrid, therefore celebrating great work is important to us! It’s not just the big wins that count, we have provided our employees the opportunity to applaud peer successes daily through our Amped Recognition Program, and our end of year Award gala.
Belonging at Ausgrid
To deliver the best possible service to our customers we strive towards a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we serve. Ausgrid is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce and we encourage applications from women, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, people from the LGBTQIA+ community and First Nations people.
Interested, but unsure if you’re the right match? At Ausgrid, we aren’t looking for perfect! If you would like to discuss the opportunity in more detail, please contact Rebecca Crittenden, Senior Advisor Talent Acquisition firstname.lastname@example.org
If you require support with your application/reasonable adjustments for the interview process, please reach out to our dedicated Talent team.