Network Connections Lead
Job Type: Full time
- Accelerate our growth through the energy transition > Lead renewable connections
- Thought Leadership > Commercial Acumen > Customer Experience
- Careers with Purpose > Collaborative > Inclusive > Flexible Work Environment
Facilitate the seamless connection of renewable generation connection to our Distribution network. Accelerate growth through this energy transition. We’re an energised team who is passionate about our customers, strive for operational excellence and a sustainable future for our people and our community.
About the Role
This is a fantastic opportunity to help shape how we deliver solutions for a more sustainable future.
Day to day the Network Connections Lead will be responsible for successful connection of all major renewable generation >1.5MW and major load connections to AusNet’s electricity distribution network.
As part of the shift to renewable energy across our electricity distribution network this role includes identifying opportunities to accelerate growth and provide seamless customer experience.
The Connections Lead is accountable for the end-to-end lifecycle of connection outcomes, from enquiry to closeout stages - identifying synergies, work with engineers to understand the safety, reliability, negotiate commercial and financial terms and communicate the technical interfaces.
This role will report to the Manager, Network Connections, with a base location at Southbank, Victoria.
We are a flexible and truly hybrid workplace.
What you will deliver
- Manage renewable generation connection >1.5 MW and major load connection projects to the AusNet electricity distribution network. We have a strong renewable connection pipeline of work secured.
- Support development of strategies (commercial, technical, process, system, capability) that enable the successful negotiation of new connection opportunities
- Manage the energy connections process in accordance the National Electricity Rules and internal processes
- Oversight of end-to-end connection processes for our major electricity distribution customers from preliminary enquiry through to project close
- Maintaining effective relationship with customers and key stakeholders, including AEMO
- Manage the successful negotiations of all major new connection to electricity distribution network within the Victorian Regulatory connection practices
- Liaise with relevant internal and external stakeholders and co-ordinate development of solutions for major connections to electricity distribution network.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to obtain co-operation or assistance around complex issues, to exchange information and discuss technical, commercial or administrative aspects and communicate with counterparts in other divisions, peers and management.
What we like about you
- A commercially savvy mindset with exposure to commercial and contract negotiations
- Demonstrated experience with fostering and managing relationships with customers and other stakeholders such as Engineers.
- Knowledge of or exposure to the Chapter 5 and 5A of the National Electricity Rules
- Tertiary qualified (preferably), with demonstrated experience in Electricity Networks and Renewable Energy disciplines is favorable but not mandatory
- Ability to lead complex technical and commercial issues, including the ability to empower your project team and coach peers to solve challenging and complex matters.
- Natural leadership attributes with the ability to influence and guide diverse stakeholders including other divisions, peers and management
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, one that fosters belonging, where everyone brings their unique strengths and innovative ideas.
AusNet partners with Work180, Supply Nation and Kinaway to support these diversity pillars and has Employee Network Groups that support Pride and LGBTQIA+, Cultural and Ethnic Awareness, Disability, Working Parents Group, Women’s Network and Young Professionals Network.
What we offer at AusNet
- A diverse, inclusive, and supportive team culture who supports you to lead and achieve
- We care about what flexibility means to you and flexible working options are fully supported, to better balance work, personal and family commitments
- A wide range of employee benefits such as income protection, corporate discounts, salary sacrifice options including novated leasing
- Learning culture with ongoing development and career opportunities to enable a career with purpose
At AusNet you don’t need to check every box.
We have key requirements which are important, but we also know that the best candidate may not tick all the boxes so, if you have the experience and capabilities for a portion of the role, Apply Now to join our energised team.