Location: North Ryde
Job Type: Full time
- All Systems GO! Perform purposeful work of national significance
- Display your talents and develop your skills on the job
- Enjoy flexible work practices, engaging work and an inclusive culture where we strive to make every individual feel valued
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Senior Technician within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in our Service Centre at North Ryde, NSW
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role
As a Senior Technician, you will be accountable for the supervision and implementation of installation, repair and commissioning of systems in accordance with the contractual and Company requirements in order to achieve the required business performance.
This involves the design, development and implementation of systems and equipment, including interconnection, integration, installing, set to work, acceptance testing and maintaining the system and equipment against technical, schedule and cost goals.
More specifically, this role will see you:
- Carry out corrective and routine Maintenance on North Ryde Service Centre supported systems including, but not limited to, RF, Microwave and SATCOM technologies
- Conduct training to operators/maintainers using approved training material for identified Projects
- Assist in ongoing development and improvements to Training Programmes for identified Projects
- Lead or assist with the technical team where required, this may be on BAE sites or customer sites, as required
- Provide out of hours remote Technical Support to customer via on-call arrangements
- Obtain and maintain any other work related licences, certification, or qualifications as may be identified
- Lead or assist with any continuous improvement initiatives as directed by supervisor or other BAE Systems management
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you'll have:
- The ability to obtain or hold an Australian Defence Security Clearance to NV1 level.
- A Certificate IV Training and Assessment or the ability to obtain on the job
- Previous experience working in a Defence environment would be highly desired
- Demonstrated experience of Installation, Integration, Set to Work, Acceptance testing and Defect Repair.
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ayesha Rahaman, Talent Acquisition Specialist and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Ayesha.firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.