Operability & Recoverability Engineer
Location: Oaks Estate
Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have a unique opportunity within our Maritime Australiabased in Osborne South Australia for an Operability & Recoverability Engineer within the (whole ship) operability and Recoverability Engineering Team.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
In your new role as an Engineering Operability & Recoverability Engineer you will work with other members of Operability and Recoverability Engineering team to bring a 'whole of ship perspective' to the engineering domains. This role is accountable for the delivery of documentation outlined Hunter Class Frigate Operability Statement Policy Plan.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Responsible for updating the Hunter Class Operability Statements and Internal Battle documentation to reflect the product changes
- Liaising with Department of Defence and Royal Australian Navy representatives with regard to Internal Battle Issues
- Be working closely with Platform and Combat system design teams to ensure that all product changes are identified and reflected in the updated Operability Statements
- Liaising with the Product Integrity Manager to ensure that system hazards are identified and included in the Operability Statements
- Collating system design and equipment operating procedures from equipment suppliers
- Progressively refining and updating of Operational Statements as maturity of suppliers data and design increases
- Identifying differences between Royal Australian Navy and Royal Navy procedures for Firefighting, Damage Control and CBRN Defence to assist with the updating of T26 documentation to HCF Documentation
- Attending Internal Battle Working Group Meetings, Operability Evaluations, etc. and generate accurate minutes.
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- Ideally have knowledge of Royal Australian Navy Technical background ship operations and or experience within Australian shipbuilding project. The position will suit and ex RAN-Marine / Electronic Technician/Shipbuilder looking to take the next step in their career
- Previous experience of the preparation of Technical Authoring would be beneficial
- Technical knowledge of platform design and integration
- Experience of whole ship engineering design processes
- Domain experience with Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or Naval Architecture
- The ability to operate in a large, complex project in a multi-disciplinary, matrix management environment
- Previously collated and assimilated information from a wide variety of sources
- A Diploma to advanced diploma of engineering with equivalent experience
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications can be addressed to: Jason Lemmon and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.