Job Type: Full time
- Be part of the next generation of Defence capability delivery
- Permanent role with opportunities for career progression
- Enjoy flexible work arrangments, engaging work and an inclusive culture
At BAE Systems we are recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance to our customers and with this we are known for developing some of the most impressive careers.
We currently have an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer in our Strategic Surveillance Line of Business working on the JORN Project. This role is based in Adelaide and offers flexible work arrangements including working a 9-day fortnight.
What this opportunity will mean for you?
- Performing purposeful work where your efforts are recognized in an environment enabling you to thrive
- World class career opportunities, as our biggest project is YOU! Your success is our success
- Accessibility to flexible working arrangements that will provide you with balance and a lifestyle that fosters wellbeing
- Access to our competitive employee benefits program that are designed to better support you: Employee Benefits
- Being part of a workplace culture that is safe, inclusive and takes pride in their company values
Your new role:
Reporting to the Engineering Support Lead, you will be responsible for the design and development of electrical systems and equipment in accordance with contractual and Company requirements.
Key responsibilities will include (not limited to):
- Derive, analyse and manage electrical system/equipment requirements and participate in requirements reviews
- Develop simple electrical system/equipment architectural designs to meet established set of requirements
- Undertake functional and circuit analysis to determine strengths and weaknesses of candidate electrical system/ equipment solutions
- Translate the electrical system/equipment design into a manufactural solution and incorporate changes as required
- Undertake design for functional safety products in accordance with applicable functional safety standards
- Undertake the integration and validation of the electrical system/equipment design including contributing to the integration and validation plans and reports
- Support electrical systems/equipment qualification activities to ensure that the product meets all requirements including safety and regulatory requirements
- Participate in problem identification and analysis
- Selection and use of appropriate tools to develop and analyse electrical circuits and design
As the ideal applicant you will have:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Electrical)
- Membership of Institute of Engineers Australia and ability to meet the requirements for Chartered Professional Engineer status (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience developing electrical equipment designs, design reviews, design analyses and implementing electrical solutions, integration, validation and qualification testing
- Experience in technologies such as design analysis techniques, development tools, power generation and distribution, design documentation, circuit protection, earthing systems, control circuit design, electrical industry standards, lighting systems, electromagnetic interference (EMI) and electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) solutions and compliance
- Good communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with multi-disciplinary teams
- Self-motivation with good time management skills
- Ability to travel within Australia on an ad-hoc basis
We believe in hiring for potential so if this role resonates with you, but you don't meet all the required criteria, we would still love to hear from you!
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role. Further information regarding clearances is available at: https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Please submit your application online and address to Sinead Booth - Talent Acquisition Specialist.
You will be joining a culture that truly cares about your wellbeing. Diversity and inclusion is at the top of our agenda. We are striving to create an inclusive culture where the voices and talents of every individual are valued and everyone has a sense of belonging.
We welcome applications from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience.
We are also proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.