Job Type: Full time
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the worlds most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We currently have a rewarding opportunity to join us as a Commercial Officer within our Maritime Australia line of business. You will be supporting our Commercial Function working on high profile programs with lots of stakeholder engagement.
This role will based out of our Osborne Shipyard office in SA or our Melbourne CBD office.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and hybrid working.
You will be responsible for providing support with commercial activities and services to meet the business needs of the various Project teams. You will have the rare opportunity to work across 3 platforms of the Royal Australian Navy's vessels being Destroyers, Frigates and Patrol Vessels.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, drafting, negotiating and finalising contracts and commercial agreements and support with complex contracts
- Adopting clear understandings with suppliers of both technical and commercial issues to ensure that business arrangements minimise risk
- Supporting Procurement and Supply Chain colleagues in the preparation of sub-contract terms and conditions as required
- Draft moderately complex contracts / agreements with little supervision
- Working with internal and external legal advisors to ensure all contracts have the necessary legal input/governance, as required
- Contributing to the preparation and presentation of major Life Cycle Management reviews and Request for Bid Approval process, ensuring the necessary approvals are obtained within the governance of the operational framework
- Understanding the financial and pricing requirements of commercial contracts
- Focusing on developing and maintaining customer relationships both internally and externally
- Commitment to meet deadlines and targets
- Responsive to the needs and wants of the customer by understanding their requirements, through researched understanding, open discussion and candid clarification questions, influence where required
- Maintain Commercial Management Plans
- Demonstrated experience in commercial or legal administration function
- Excellent attention to details with organization skills, together with a high degree of motivation, initiative and enthusiasm.
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under your own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost
- A curious mind-set and ability to integrate and extract information
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential, including the ability to communicate with staff at all levels and from a range of disciplines
- An ability to work as part of a team or independently with little supervision and guidance and using their own experience, judgement and initiative
- An excellent understanding of commercial policy, principles and processes
- Advanced IT Skills across the Microsoft Suite
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidates hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance <is/maybe> required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances.