Software Integration Lead
Job Type: Full time
Software Integration Lead
At BAE Systems Australia
Do interesting work that MATTERS
ENJOY what you do
GROW your career
We work in a thriving sector – one that puts us at the forefront of exciting and meaningful work. Every day we push boundaries to produce some of the world's most innovative and ground breaking technology. Individually we all contribute to our success. Collectively we make the impossible possible.
Recognised for delivering projects of global and national significance that help keep Australia safe, it is our shared passion that shapes our culture, and our people that make it a great place to work.
About the OPPORTUNITY
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Integration Lead to join our program based in either Adelaide, Melbourne or Sydney reporting to the Principal Technologist - Strategy & Future Technology.
We embrace flexible work arrangements at BAE Systems Australia, such as working a 9-day fortnight and or hybrid working.
You will be responsible for incorporating third-party software, developing custom integration modules, and managing associated technical risks in this hands-on role.
The central objective of this role is to provide technical leadership in integrating software solutions into the organization's data integration platform. Work is conducted within an Agile methodology and complies with DevSecOps principles to ensure a secure and robust software development lifecycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead technical solution development within the Research & Technology (R&T) portfolio maintaining alignment with applicable technology roadmap(s).
- Manage planned and emergent work fronts to successful execution with the support of the Project Manager.
- Lead by example to contribute to the development of a high performing and resilient team.
- Lead the development / maintenance of appropriate technical artefacts proportional to the project lifecycle with the support of the Project Manager
- In collaboration with the Project Manager, act as a key point of contact for key stakeholders, OEMs, SMEs, VIPs, academia.
- Support to Project Manager with stakeholder management.
- Actively contribute to the identification and treatment of risk & opportunity.
- Provide concise updates on activities and progress to the Project Manager as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical field;
- Around 5-10 years of hands-on technical experience in software integration, with a focus on data platforms
- Demonstrated skill in managing technical risks associated with complex software projects
- Experience in relevant technologies including containerization, identity management systems, databases, Managed API gateways, log monitoring, and data visualization tools.
- Proficiency in Agile methodologies and DevSecOps principles
- Proven leadership abilities in managing engineering teams
- Strong communication skills in both written and verbal forms
- A track record in complex data management environments and/or understanding of data governance and controls is beneficial.
- Australian Citizen and/or eligible for NV1 Australian Security Clearance.
- Eligibility to be cleared for International Traffic In Arms (ITAR) regulations
We believe in hiring for potential, we know that some candidate hesitate if they don't tick all the boxes. If this role interests you, but you don't meet all the criteria, we still encourage you to apply.
You will joining a workplace that truly cares about your wellbeing.
Our people are diverse and we value the variety of perspectives this brings, we know that a culture that is inclusive and fosters a sense of belonging is a place we can all make the most of our unique talents and be our best.
As Australia's largest defence company in a rapidly growing sector, you will be connected into a global team and encouraged to explore where your career might take you whether that is a traditional career path or squiggly one, there are infinite possibilities for you at BAE Systems Australia.
We welcome applicants from all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, age, or other lived experience; and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all positions.
We are proud to be recognised as an employer of choice for women by WORK180.
As a member of the Circle Back Initiative we commit to respond to every applicant
To learn more about our competitive employee benefits, flexibility, other employment opportunities and what to expect from our recruitment process please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and either possess or be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearances.
Further information regarding security clearances.