Emergency Services Officer | Northern Operations | Nickel West | FIFO 7:7 Roster
Location: Western Australia
Job Type: Not Specified
At BHP we support our people to grow, learn, develop their skills and reach their potential. With a global portfolio of operations, we offer a diverse and inclusive environment with extraordinary career opportunities. Our strategy is to focus on creating a safe work environment where our employees feel strongly connected to our values and objectives, and where the capability of our people is key to our success.
Come and be a part of this success.
About the Role
The Security & Emergency Management Team at Nickel West are a friendly and inclusive team who are looking for dedicated Emergency Services professionals with a commitment to supporting the safety and health of our people. Reporting to the Emergency Management Supervisor, these roles are vital in ensuring that all emergency response activities are performed in a safe, timely and efficient way. Enthusiasm and commitment to all aspects of emergency response and medical care readiness is critical.
Ongoing development of skills and qualifications is expected in maintaining competencies and scope of practice, as well as regular group participation in and planning for training sessions, knowledge sharing and scenario-based activities.
As well as being the first point of contact for site based medical needs, you will be required to:
- Respond to mine site emergencies
- Ensure ER and medical equipment is online and operational, including equipment inspections and records management.
- Assist with site access (using systems Gallagher and PSD)
- Conduct random drug and alcohol testing
- Provide the highest possible standard of pre-hospital emergency care, adhering to treatment procedures, accurately completing documentation, and applying the correct operational procedure in response to the situation presented to them (using systems such as Cority).
- Provide on scene command and control and communicate support requirements through to Crisis Leadership Teams.
- Develop the skills of volunteer emergency response team members.
- Practice credible scenario responses to site material risks.
These roles are based at our Northern Operations Mt Keith site, on 7:7 day and night shift rosters. These positions are FIFO from Perth. You will work as part of a dynamic team, bringing an empathetic and adaptable approach to the immediate and long-term health and safety of others, whilst driving and demonstrating the types of behaviour that set positive examples within BHP and surrounding communities.
This role will suit a highly capable team player who is motivated to collaborate with site and HSE teams to ensure that everyone goes home safe every day. Above all, your positive attitude and willingness to learn is integral to the success of the team.
Compliance with BHP medical guidelines and drug protocols is essential. Aside from the clinic based and medical aspects of this role, a proactive drive towards developing a successful emergency response team through recruitment and continuous training.
Experience in firefighting, ambulance, security, defence forces or any emergency service will be advantageous to the success of the Emergency Services Officer role.
To be successful for this role you will have:
- Certificate III Public Safety (Emergency and Firefighting) or Certificate III Mines Rescue Response or equivalent.
- Certificate IV Health Care (Ambulance)
- UOC in Drug and Alcohol testing
- Current Australian HR/MR Drivers License
You may also have the following:
- Certificate IV Training and Assessing
- Working knowledge of SAP, Excel and Word
- Diploma of Paramedical Science
- Excellent communication skills and interaction experience with personnel, patients, or customer service
- Ability to make effective decisions in rapidly unfolding situations
- Experience in Major Hazard Facility Emergency Response
About Our Process
At BHP, we are committed to employing individuals who align with the BHP Charter Values and meet the requirements of the role. As part of the recruitment process, there are a number of checks which may be conducted to demonstrate applicants suitability for a role including police / criminal background checks, medical, drug and alcohol testing, due diligence checks, right to work checks, and/or reference checks.
If you are already employed directly by BHP, please log in using your BHP email address or apply via our internal jobs portal.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
The size, stability and magnitude of our business not only provides significant opportunity for professional development, but also attractive salary packages with performance-based bonuses and a best-in-class employee share program. We know there are many aspects of our employees' lives that are important, and work is only one of these, so we offer benefits to enable your work to fit with your life. These benefits include flexible working options, a generous paid parental leave policy, other extended leave entitlements and parent rooms.
At BHP, we know that we are strengthened by diversity. We are an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to making BHP a safe and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive and be at their best every day. We are focused on creating a workforce that’s more diverse and represents the communities where we work and live. providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We are an Equal Opportunity employer and recognise that true diversity includes gender, age, race, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, neurodiversity, education levels, and many more aspects of your identity.
BHP is committed to providing a recruitment process that is fair, equitable and accessible for all. If you have a disability, we know that it may be helpful for us to adjust our process to make it equitable for your individual situation. If you would like to reach out to someone about your situation and our recruitment process, please email us at [email protected].