Casual Educational Administrator
Box Hill Institute
Location: Box Hill
Job Type: Casual
- Based at our Elgar Road Campus, Box Hill
- Casual opportunity available
- Attractive hourly rate
About the role:
A rewarding and unique opportunity to join Box Hill Institute as one of our Education Administrators! This role is a casual opportunity until December 2023.
This role forms part of a highly rewarding project where Box Hill Institute, in partnership with Corrections Victoria, provide prisoners the opportunity to complete Nationally Recognised Training courses to achieve qualifications and improve their confidence, life skills and increase employability once released from prison.
In this role you will be supporting the delivery of our training programs and assisting the Site and Operations Managers in the effective administration of learner enrolments. You will be responsible for daily administrative duties that include marketing, training coordination, administration of computer based language, literacy and numeracy assessments, preparation of financial reports, data entry, purchasing requests and general administration support.
You will have the opportunity to develop strong working relationships with teaching and professional employees as well as other BHI and Corrections stakeholders and work in collaboration with teams across sites to ensure development of training services and programs.
This position is located at our Elgar Road, Box Hill Campus however you may be required to attend correctional facilities and have prisoner interactions for administrative data collection.
Please note this position is casual until December 2023. The Education Administrator forms part of the Box Hill Institute and Corrections Victoria Project and is a member of the Commercial Contracts Delivery team.
- Relevant experience in an administrative position within the Education sector
- Qualification in Office Administration or similar (desirable)
- Demonstrated experience in a range of administrative services including student administration and reporting
- High level customer service; ability to confidently liaise with stakeholders of all levels
- Demonstrated ability and proficiency in MS office, financial systems and software
- A self-starter; ability to take pro-active steps and commit to continuously improving services
- Ability and passion to work within a team and autonomously; achieving successful outcomes within a large organisation
We are proud to be a leading education provider with a strong reputation for delivering high quality educational outcomes.
Our organisation comprises of Box Hill Institute (Box Hill & Lilydale locations) and Centre for Adult Education (Melbourne CBD) as well as partnerships across various correctional and defence sites in Victoria.
Partnering with Corrections Victoria, our professional site managers, teaching and administration staff are located on site where all education programs are delivered within the prisons where we offer vocational education and training programs across eight prisons within metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria.
We are committed to a highly motivated and aligned workforce, so we’ll be by your side to enable you, help you grow, and offer you benefits which enhance your work life balance.
Box Hill Institute is a welcoming, safe and respectful work environment. We are work-life friendly and an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds, abilities and identities to apply for our vacancies.
We offer more than just a job; we offer benefits to enhance your work life, help you grow, and celebrate your achievements. Employment benefits include:
- On-site parking
- Flexible work arrangements (dependent on the role requirements)
- Career progression opportunities and reward & recognition programs
- Novated leasing and salary packaging
- Access to health & wellbeing resources
- Employee discounts on health insurance, car rental, newspaper subscriptions and more
- Access to libraries offering eBooks, films, novels, children's books and so much more
- Discounts on CAE/Box Hill Institute short courses for staff and their immediate family as well as discounted access to our floristry, beauticians, restaurant, Vet & dog grooming
- Purchased Leave
If you have questions about this role, please contact Adrian Lea via email at A.Lea@boxhill.edu.au
Applications close: 9am, Thursday 28th September 2023
We are a 2023 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
Candidates for employment at Box Hill Institute will be subject to pre-employment probity checks, and must satisfy Box Hill Institute’s pre-conditions for employment. These include providing a satisfactory (valid employee) Working With Children Check and National Police Check, as well as evidence of COVID-19 vaccination status as prescribed by the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic).
Box Hill Institute reserves the right to withdraw an advertised position at any stage.