Associate Data Ops Engineer - Hawthorn East
Location: Hawthorn East
Job Type: Full time
We’ve been trusted to serve Aussie communities since 1914 and grown to become a top 30-listed on the ASX with 120,000 team members and a portfolio of iconic brands. At Coles Group, you’ll not only get to make a difference to millions of Aussie lives—you’ll also get to see your impact.
What you’ll be doing
Supporting the Operations Manager -Insights, you will be a part of a high performing team supporting the delivery of several projects across data and analytics capabilities to uncover customer, commercial, teams and operational insights, providing data driven support to our users and enabling Coles to be a data driven organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Operate on cloud solutions leveraging the process automation for standardisation
- Contributes to build and code data pipelines for specific data requests in production ops
- Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines and multiple tenants in Enterprise Cloud Data Platform
- Follow up with cloud vendors and service providers on reporting challenges with production code behaviour and infrastructure failures
- Work with development teams, and upstream/downstream systems teams to ensure there are no unacceptable or degrading impacts to online or key SLA’s
- Work with Engineering teams to resolve challenging data pipelines and failures
- Modify existing ETL pipelines to accommodate changes in the data structure
- Work with team members for conducting root cause analysis and problem rectification, including changes required to prevent incident recurrence
- Liaise with business stakeholders to resolve incidents
Good things you’ll need
- Exposure to Cloud Operations role (in Data front)
- Good understanding of data warehousing concepts including ETL mechanisms, Slowly Changing Dimensions, archival, data reconciliation, error handling
- Thorough working Knowledge of data warehouse, BI tools
- Aware of Cloud Data Operations and framework models.
- Demonstrated process improvement experience
- Excellent Problem solving and debugging skills
- Working Experience with Jira, Confluence tools
- Critical Stakeholder management and incident management practices
- Knowledge on Databricks Cluster management, Policies, Delta Tables, Performance Tuning techniques
- Understanding in supporting the cloud deployments and challenges
- Strong understanding of Snowflake Datawarehouse Concepts, managing and establishing best practices in Snowflake
- Certification in cloud technologies will be an added advantage
- Beginner level exposure to Cloud infrastructures in Azure - VM, ADLS2, Keyvault, Data Factory
- Working knowledge of at least one reporting tool
- Experience with incident management
Take your next step into something bigger, apply now
With us it’s not about the discounts (although you do get those), it’s about joining a team where your wellbeing and professional development is invested in and celebrating your contributions is the norm. And because everyone leads unique lives, we offer flexible work including work from home, additional leave and parental leave entitlements.
We’re continuing to build a gender equitable team, and a culture that’s just as diverse, inclusive and welcoming as the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all ages, cultures (including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples), abilities, sexual orientation and gender identities.
We’re happy to adjust our recruitment process to support candidates with disability. Find out more in the ‘Our Recruitment Process’ section of our careers site.
We’re committed to providing a safe environment for our team members and our customers, so you’ll need to be vaccinated against COVID-19 before joining the team, unless you’re medically exempt. You’ll also need to disclose and evidence your COVID-19 vaccination status as part of your application. Thanks for understanding.
Job ID: 61339
Employment Type: Full time