Safety, Health & Wellbeing Coordinator | CFDC
Woolworths New Zealand
Location: Hei Hei
Job Type: Part time
- Join our BRAND NEW Christchurch Fresh DC team
- Part time, permanent role | 20 hours per week, days & hours flexible
- Competitive salary + bonus + benefits including team discount card + career opportunities + work life flexibility
Ready to make an impact?
This brand new, best of breed, world class new Christchurch Fresh Distribution Centre (CFDC) is set to revolutionise fresh deliveries for our South Island store teams and customers, enabling us to continue making Kiwis lives a little better every day.
The new temperature-controlled building includes two chilled zones, banana ripening room and much more and will centralise Countdown's fresh product operations. Located in Hynds Drive, Rolleston and due to open its doors in February 2024.
We are now looking to draft a winning team ready to bring their expertise to the site!
This role is a significant and key role within our operations support team, so we are looking for someone special that can lead, coach, mentor, challenge and help their stakeholders on the journey.
Our team is at the heart of our business, and keeping them safe and well is our number one priority. We’re a caring bunch, and we pride ourselves on a robust SH&W strategy that prioritises a focus on our critical risk controls, injury prevention as well as supporting and caring for our team and communities at the centre of everything we do.
About the Role | Mō te Tūranga
Reporting to the Safety, Health & Wellbeing Specialist at our Christchurch Regional DC, you will commence in this role at pre-opening and be responsible for implementing our Safety, Health & Welling practices in readiness for Go Live.
- Implement site based inductions
- Coordinate any required HSNO/EPA certifications
- Coordinate the initial risk assessments | equipment, traffic management, hazard control and site specific eg ripening and fumigation
- Draft a site based TMP and Emergency Response plan
- Conduct Light and noise assessments
- Coordinate the implementation of the Health and Safety management system for the site handover at practical completion
After Go Live you will be responsible for our new Christchurch Fresh Distribution Centre (CFDC) safety function ensuring risk is mitigated and that all parties collaborate to achieve common safety targets and goals.
Specifically, your key responsibilities will include:
- Support and deliver in developing business practical policies, strategies and procedures
- Represent SH&W in interfacing with customers and contractors on SH&W issues
- Delivery of the internal SH&W audit programme/s and support in achieving external audits, including ACC Partnership audit.
- Support line management in incident reporting, recording & investigation
- Lead and contribute to major incident investigation/s when required
- Support the delivery of SH&W training
- Carry out SH&W coordination roles e.g. DSE assessor, risk assessments, noise measurements etc as required
Starting as soon as possible, this is a part time role (20 hours per week), the days of work and hours are flexible.
About You | Mōu
To succeed in this role you will have a Health, Safety and Wellbeing background with 2 years experience ideally in the supply chain sector. You’ll be a strong communicator, able to engage and influence key stakeholders, build trust and confidence and bring people along our SH&W journey. You’ll be able to encourage caring and authentic conversations, but also challenge the status quo where necessary to help us lift our game.
Preferably you’ll have attained or working towards level 3 or above qualification in health & safety and have in-field site auditing experience.
If you are the sort of individual who strives to always do the right thing for customers, team, our communities and the business you are in then we’d love to hear from you!.
Working with Woolworths NZ | Me mahi tahi tatou ki Woolworths NZ
Our purpose is to make Kiwis' lives a little better every day.
We’re friendly, down-to-earth, and energetic - we work hard but we have a great time doing it, and we love what we do. There is plenty of scope for new ideas, lots of room for you to add value, and importantly, you’ll be working with a business that touches the lives of three million New Zealanders a week. We offer a diverse range of career opportunities across our ecosystem.
Cartology, Vineonline & CountdownX
Wholesale Distributors Limited (Fresh Choice)
We are proud to be a Work 180 endorsed employer for all women, view the great work we do here.
Come as you are | Nau mai, whakatau mai
We’re an equal opportunity employer and are committed to the principle of equal opportunity for all.
If you’re smart and good at what you do, let’s work together | Me mahi tahi tatou