Mechanical Engineer, Callide
Job Type: Full time
CS Energy is a Queensland energy company that has more than 500 employees, operates two power stations and has a trading portfolio of 3,535 megawatts. CS Energy's core business is the generation and sale of electricity in the National Electricity Market, dispatching 30 per cent of Queensland's electricity output.
CS Energy is proud to foster an environment that builds respect, promotes inclusiveness, celebrates diversity and embraces the unique skills and qualities of all our employees. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be supplied to those who require additional support.
Callide Power Station is located within the vibrant community of Biloela. The relaxed central Queensland lifestyle is popular with families and singles alike, and the region boasts several schools, sporting clubs and a strong community spirit. CS Energy offers a range of benefits for regional employees including relocation assistance, education assistance, holiday travel scheme and housing assistance.
As a member of the Station Plant Engineering team, reporting to the Engineering Superintendent - Station Plant, the Mechanical Engineer supports the site by providing professional engineering services, guidance and support to operate and maintain power generation assets safely and economically.
- Identifies and mitigates key plant risks, meeting both acceptable standards and business objectives;
- Contributes to the development and execution of plant area strategy;
- Identifies and understands process safety risks and processes and prioritises engineering works with this in mind;
- Develops, maintains and governs appropriate maintenance and capital strategies for allocated asset areas;
- Identifies and implements measures and metrics to monitor, sustain or improve plant area performance, safety, production and reliability. Implements rectification plans as necessary;
- Carries out activities to meet asset-related regulatory compliance;
- Assists in asset governance functions to ensure the consistent application of maintenance standards and processes, checking the quality and integrity of works;
- Analysing and rectifying the root cause of failures and incidents of high-priority and critical items
- Contributing to the success of outage and project works, including delivery, governance, scopes, standards, advice and technical direction as required;
- Develops and implements projects as required, in line with asset strategy that sustains or improve assets in a commercial way;
- Provision of coaching and mentoring to other Engineers, graduates, operators and maintainers as appropriate;
- Manages plant change to promote innovation while protecting the asset.
- Bachelor of Engineering in an appropriate discipline or similar qualifications
- RPEQ certification (desirable) or ability to acquire within 24 months of placement
- 5 years’ experience in thermal power stations (desirable) or heavy industry
- A solid understanding of Asset Management principles and their application including equipment strategy, business risk management, RCA investigations and plant modifications
- Experience with bulk material handling is desirable
- Plant modification process, enterprise risk management, whole-of-life asset planning process, capital budget development process and continuous improvement process
- Project management, cost management and management of multiple priorities
You can apply for this position in 3 easy steps:
- Complete the application form below
- Upload your CV
- Click on Submit
JOB CLOSING DATE
15 September 2023