Renewables & Energy Transition Analyst/Manager
Job Type: Full time
Do you thrive on accelerating the transition to a low carbon economy and helping organisations navigate the challenges and unlock the opportunities?
About the Opportunity
You will be joining a team of passionate and innovative people to create and implement solutions that meet our clients’ toughest challenges in a market that is undergoing unprecedented disruption and reform. In this role you will be able to contribute to a variety of complex and impactful client engagements.
You can also expect to:
- Conduct robust analysis and develop innovative solutions for a range of energy industry and climate challenges
- Use strong communication skills to present outcomes and recommendations
- Work closely with clients to gain an understanding of their specific requirements
- Be part of a growing national team delivering projects within a fast-changing sector.
About the Team
The Deloitte Energy and Climate Advisory team that works with businesses, governments, regulators and market institutions to help them navigate uncertainty and realise opportunities as the energy and climate landscape is disrupted by new policies, technologies and business models. Our team includes engineers, economists, government and regulatory specialists, commercial and business advisers, and modellers who work collaboratively across all components of the energy and climate landscape. We aim to help our clients understand the environment they operate within and identify the actions they could take for better outcomes for their business and their customers.
We are a diverse team with a high level of client interaction across all levels of staff, and we assist clients to make strategic choices. This is done through analytical rigour and strong industry knowledge. Some examples of projects successfully delivered include:
- Identifying new business opportunities for existing market players and potential new entrants
- Helping governments design key energy and climate policies, including the Victorian Renewable Energy Target
- Assessing the potential size of the global hydrogen market and the share of demand that Australia could capture to underpin the National Hydrogen Strategy
- Considering the wide-ranging implications of the electrification of the transport sector, including the development of electrification strategies for major public transport operators
- Advising corporations on their decarbonisation strategies, including setting of emissions reduction targets in-line with climate science and establishment of emissions abatement projects
- Modelling the National Electricity Market in a wide range of future scenarios to inform of risks and opportunities
- Evaluating potential battery revenue streams using custom-made, techno-economic tools
- Developing business cases for the implementation of clean technologies, such as energy efficiency measures across government building portfolios
- Authoring Australia’s first Bioenergy Roadmap, identifying those areas of the economy where bioenergy has a key role to play in decarbonisation
- Evaluating the short and long term impacts of network underinvestment on the electricity market
- Assessing the impact that different retail strategies can have on price outcomes in the retail market.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with Managers and Directors in arranging and structuring renewable energy projects
- Efficiently executing directly allocated client tasks and services end to end.
- Managing all assigned project development matters including modelling, finalisation of documentation, due diligence, satisfying client needs in regard to greenfield renewable energy projects or transactions
- Assisting with the development, negotiation and documentation of client pitches in respect of services provided
- Contributing to the maintenance of positive relationships with internal, external, client stakeholders
- Preparation/Submission of client proposals and deliverables or analysis
- Preparation/review of financial models and sensitivity analysis
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- 2+ years’ relevant renewables industry, project finance or infrastructure advisory knowledge and experience
- Tertiary Qualifications in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong knowledge and experience in project management, financial analysis and documentation of project feasibility and investment cases
- Good communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Strong stakeholder management skills to collaborate with other departments
- Previous experience in a similar role providing strong analyst support to the team
- MS office experience with key capabilities in Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Highly motivated to accelerate the energy transition
- Growing understanding of the climate and energy market landscapes
- Learn quickly and deliver reliably to a high quality
- Experience in working collaboratively within teams to develop and deliver innovative solutions to complex problems
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative analysis to support decision-making and successfully and effectively communicating your findings to a broad spectrum of people
- Sound analytical and commercial skills, preferably in an industry or advisory environment.
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. Deloitte Australia opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across Asia Pacific to gain experience and access projects beyond Australia’s borders. We value difference and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, gender identities, abilities and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in a variety of ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
We’re committed to continually building a safe and respectful workplace, where all our people feel appreciated and accepted. Through the creation of endorsed employee-led diversity networks which promote cultural, disability, LGBTI+, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and gender equality, we’re leading the way to shape an environment where everybody can thrive.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
By applying to this job, you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte employee experience globally.
At Deloitte, we know we’re at our best when we look out for one another; prioritise respect, fairness, development and wellbeing; foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their background, experience, identity, ability or thinking style, and if you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process for accessibility reasons this is available upon request.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Deloitte or by their external third-party provider.