Community Relations Manager
Job Type: Full time
Since our inception in 1936, we have carved out our place as a leader in water infrastructure. Today, we are regarded as one of Australia and New Zealand’s leading provider of trenchless pipeline solutions, specialising in the water, wastewater, stormwater and culvert sectors.
We are creating the future of water for generations to come.
As the Community Relations Manager, you will support our Sydney operations teams in the effective delivery of community and stakeholder relations.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for minimising the impact of community and stakeholder relations issues through proactive management, planning and delivery of communications. With the support of the Community Relations Officer, you will also:
- Proactively develop positive working relationships between the client, community, internal stakeholders and other external stakeholders
- Implement, coordinate and manage effective communications plans that meet the client’s specification for all contracts (including maintaining a general community relations contact line, undertaking door knocking and face to face communications with property owners / representatives)
- Undertake and ensure agreed pre-work construction agreements are in place with property owners and residents, where work is required on private property
- Liaise with local residents, businesses and stakeholders to identify and investigate community concerns and issues and contribute to their effective management
- Train and upskill existing staff to grow and expand customer relations capabilities
- Prepare regular reports, in line with client specifications, summarising contacts, complaints, compliments, outstanding actions and lessons learned as required for each contract
Key Selection Criteria:
- Current valid drivers licence
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical capabilities
- Previous experience within Infrastructure / Construction Industry is preferred but not essential
- Ability to travel throughout Greater Sydney (approximately 3 days per week will be on the road)
- Excellent customer service and great attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to set and negotiate priorities
Perks and Benefits
As a crew, we’re honest, reliable, competent and respectful. We provide excellent career opportunities, professional challenges and highly desirable industry sector experience. By joining our team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salary + fully maintained vehicle
- A safety-first mindset where the health and safety of our people is our top priority
- On the job training and continuous development opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements with work from home options available
- Gender neutral parental leave entitlements
- Job security – we are an essential service business with a strong pipeline of work
- A supportive team culture that values different perspectives and fosters respectful relationships with our people, customers, and the community
- A well-established reward and recognition program including monthly awards
- Employee referral program with a generous bonus payment up to $5000
- As a WORK180 endorsed employer, we are recognised globally as an organisation that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace
At Interflow, we care. We support each other to learn and be our best every day. We value new ideas and work together to create innovative solutions for our customers. We’re proud of our rich history and are committed to delivering our purpose: improve the lives of the people we work with, the communities we serve and the environment we work in, for generations to come.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply Now and submit your resume for consideration.
If you have any further questions about the role, you can contact Daniella on 0437 714 941. We respectfully request no recruitment agency approaches for this role.