Job Type: Full time
Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
Solution Architect is a technical authority on cloud and on-premise IT systems. The role is responsible for leading solution design workshops with customers to uncover technical and business requirements, then designing an Okta-centric solution to meet the requirements and provide best practice recommendations. Additionally, throughout the delivery of the project, the Solution Architect would work closely with the Technical Consultants to ensure the implementation reflects the solution design.
In Professional Services, one of our primary goals is to accelerate time-to-value for our customers. This translates to identifying quick wins for customers and focusing on an iterative style delivery methodology, where the overall solution is broken down into smaller releases.
Our Solution Architects work closely with our PS Sales Managers to scope functional and technical deployments of our platform.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Okta customers, primarily in a post-sales role, to provide innovative consulting and solution architecture design and advisory services.
- You will deliver workshops to gather and review the customer's requirements and current state architecture, followed by advising the customer on how to optimise their design and configuration.
- Consistently providing high-quality designs to the senior I.T stakeholders to align with customer goals delivering outstanding customer satisfaction and scalability.
- Lead interaction and collaboration with other Okta teams, such as Engineering and Support, as needed to address escalated issues and drive product development.
- Interact with all management and roles within the customer organisation and Okt providing insights and high-value business value.
- Collaborate with the sales team on existing customers' up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
- Shape and Influence Okta’s growth and scalability by designing new offerings and finding new ways to deliver amazing customer satisfaction.
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements.
- May provide mentoring, guidance, and expertise to less experienced teammembers or share knowledge amongst team members.
- Contribute to and use a knowledge repository of design best practices andother customer ideas.
- Assist in customer health checks and technical audits on customer environments.
Technical Skills that will help in the role:
- IT/software development experience, solution design and technical architecture experience.
- Consulting experience
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security, on-premise and cloud platforms
- Knowledge of established customer experiences (CX) is used to solve common IAM use cases
- Knowledge and experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space preferred
- Experience implementing cloud computing solutions, including AWS, GoogleApps, Salesforce etc.
- Experience with employee identity use cases: HR driven identity, ActiveDirectory, SSO, SaaS application integrations.
- Experience designing solutions to support mission-critical and business programs.
- Experience conducting discovery workshops to derive customer requirements, specifications and business processes.
- Strong knowledge of Security Architecture, Design and Operations, LDAP, Active Directory, SAML, SSO, RBAC, OAuth, OIDC, web protocols XML, SOAP, JSON, REST.
- Development experience using these languages is a bonus
- Any server-side language like Java, C#, etc
- Any scripting language like Powershell, Python, etc
- Experience in Process Improvement, Decision Making, Managing Processes,Planning, Analyzing Information and Developing Standards.
Non-Technical Skills that will help in the role:
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, supporting the development of client deliverables
- Exhibits confidence and extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems
- Pushes creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry practices and customer mindsets
- Communicates with internal and external customers and all levels of management
- Effectively communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Facilitates the building of a great team culture
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Ability to travel up to 25% as required (COVID safety policies permitting).
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
- Amazing Benefits
- Making Social Impact
- Fostering Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging at Okta
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.