Business Development Manager
Location: Melbourne - Flexible Options
Job Type: Full time
Outerspace, an award-winning international consultancy and market leader in the design and development of creative products and engineering solutions is seeking an exceptional individual to drive new business and relationships
Who are we?
An established, innovative and growing group of people. Our culture is to jump in and tackle big challenges head on, supporting each other to get exceptional outcomes across a broad range of markets including medical and scientific devices and consumer electronic products.
What is the role?
The role focus will utilise your relationship and business skills to work with new and existing clients to bring new products to life from concept through to production. The role would suit someone who loves commercialisation of products and working with a dynamic team.
Ideal experience and attributes to include:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline
- Previous experience in product development or product management positions in a product based business
- 10 plus years experience in a business development or client relationship based role
- Relationship and customer focused
- Ability to work closely with clients and the development team, guiding outcomes and managing expectations
- Ability to present and deal with boards, executive and project execution teams
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication
- Experience with financing including grants and capital raising
- Understanding of the broader innovation network including accelerators and incubators
- Understanding of professional services businesses
- Experience with Medical Device Development and exposure to ISO 13485 systems would be seen as an advantage
Position Objectives/ Responsibilities
- Responsible for brand awareness and growing business in the product development market
- New business development, including networking and partner relationships
- Budgeting, planning and market segment profit accountability
- Drive and implement marketing plans
- Work closely with clients and the development team, assisting strategic product planning, guiding outcomes and managing expectations
What we offer
- A fun, dynamic and supportive workplace with a high degree of autonomy
- Professional development working with a strong team
- Flexible working environment with the option of combining working from home and flexible hours
- Collaborative, creative work environment
- Flexibility around location: either Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane