Program Support Officer - Emergency Management Training
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
Job Type: Contract/temp
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services
One QFES. Many Services, Many Capabilities, Many Partners
Tenure Period:24 September 2023
Possibility of Extension:Yes
$3,079.90 - $3,377.20 per fortnight
Capability and State Services
Emergency Management and Community Capability
Emergency Management Training
Midnight 11 June 2023
Current QFES employees and volunteers must apply via their internal careers site
As a department our purpose is to help the community to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from the impact of fire and emergency events.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services (QFES) is the primary provider of fire, rescue and emergency management programs and services throughout Queensland. The department encompasses the Fire and Rescue Service, disaster management services, the Rural Fire Service and the State Emergency Service, and also supports other volunteer groups providing emergency response to Queenslanders.
QFES is one department with many services, many capabilities and many partners.
Purpose of role
Emergency Management Training delivers quality disaster management training curriculum products and services and provides a holistic approach to the capability enhancement of disaster management stakeholders through the management of the Queensland Disaster Management Training Framework in accordance with s.16A(c) of the Disaster Management Act 2003 (the Act).
Reporting to the Senior Program Officer [Standards and Reporting] you will be responsible for supporting the management and maintenance of the Disaster Management Learning Management System and helpdesk support services to enable stakeholder enquiry and access to training resources and information, including problem identification, resolution and reporting, and assist in the delivery of systems training, as required to support effective service delivery outcomes.
Highly desirable requirements
- Experience and/or knowledge in online platforms and database administration or database design and development.
Your key accountabilities
Your part in the ongoing success of our department, in supporting frontline services will see you responsible for a variety of work, including, but not limited to:
- Perform online platform administrative functions and conduct data integrity audits that establish and maintain user confidence, compliance and effectiveness.
- Administrate and manage the learning management system including help desk support services to all levels of users, including problem determination with the view to resolving system issues and ensuring requirements are met.
- Develop standard and ad-hoc training reports and data analysis utilising the learning management system to ensure compliance and assist with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Identify system errors, faults and improvements, and liaise with the external contractor to have these rectified and/or implemented in accordance with agreed timelines.
- Manage content and stakeholder user access, including monitoring the disaster management feedback email to manage effective response and/or maintenance of the learning management system.
- Provide training and advice to stakeholders on the use and maintenance of the system, system ensuring tasks are managed in a customer-focussed manner and prioritised to meet required timeframes.
- Develop and maintain cooperative relationships, liaise, support and communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of quality services and outcomes.
To determine your suitability for the role, you will be assessed on the following Leadership Competencies for Queensland behavioural profiles that link to the “key accountabilities” for this role:
Leadership Competency Stream – Individual Contributor (leading self)
- Stimulates ideas and innovation
- Makes insightful decisions
- Builds enduring relationships
- Drives accountability and outcomes
- Fosters healthy and inclusive workplaces
- Demonstrates sound governance
Once you join us we will want you to exemplify the QFES shared values:
Want more information?
Please contact Chris Kerr, Senior Program Officer on phone 0409 764 580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit our website to find out more about our organisation.
You can also refer to the PS Senior Officers - Employment Conditions for additional information.
How to apply
Please refer to the QFES Public Service Application Guide [All PS Classifications/Streams and Senior Officer] for information on how to apply for this role.