Mine Monitoring & Control Specialist
Job Type: Full time
South32 is a globally diversified mining and metals company. Our purpose is to make a difference by developing natural resources, improving people’s lives now and for generations to come. We are trusted by our owners and partners to realise the potential of their resources. We produce commodities including bauxite, alumina, aluminium, metallurgical coal, manganese, nickel, silver, lead, zinc and copper from our operations in Australia, Southern Africa and South America. With a focus on growing our base metals exposure, we also have two development options in North America and several partnerships with junior explorers around the world.
Located on the tropical Groote Eylandt in the Northern Territory, GEMCO is a South32 Company, the operation is accountable for over 20% of the world’s manganese ore production. Groote Eylandt is home to the Anindilyakwa people, who are the traditional owners of the land and have been working alongside GEMCO since 1963.
About the role
In the role of Mine Monitoring & Control Specialist, you will be responsible for working with Mining and Mobile Maintenance supervisors to oversee the allocation of mining equipment. You will ensure real-time production is optimised for overall performance and equipment health is monitored for asset reliability.
The Mine Monitoring and Control Specialist will focus on risk management processes, performance analysis while providing coaching, engineering, and defect elimination tactics. The incumbent will Improve the availability of equipment and planning process to effectively execute work safely and on schedule.
This role is being offered on a 4 Days on/ 3 Days off roster, FIFO from Darwin/ Cairns or Residential on Groote Eylandt on a full-time ongoing basis.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Follow the Mine Operating System (MOS) process
- Provide feedback to Supervisor and Production Coordinator on equipment allocation constraints.
- Capture and ensure the integrity of mine production data on a regular occurrence.
- Develop and generate reports as required.
- Identify and implement Production function improvement initiatives with support from Production Analysis & Improvement (A&I).
- Provide feedback to the Production Execution Superintendent on equipment capability assumptions.
- Ensure strategic alignment of Mine Monitoring & Control crews with the Mining Departments Business Plan
- Maintain documentation relating to Dispatch and Asset Health functions of Mine Control
- Development of team capability to safely deliver the Mining Departments annual targets
- Ensure Mine Control are in line with the behaviours outlined in the Company Code of Conduct
- Monitor and verify competency of individual Dispatcher and Asset Health Coordinators in the optimisation of mine performance.
- Recruit and maintain adequate level of “Hot Seat” crew personnel
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Strong experience in using Fleet Management and Asset Health Platforms
- Experience in supervision of Mine Controllers and/or Production Mining crews (desired)
- Experience with continuous improvement projects/initiatives
- Fundamental understanding of production data storage
- Proficiency in software such as Modular Dispatch, Provision, CatHealth, MineCare, Microsoft Office Suite, SAP
- Level 3 Modular Dispatch
- Competitive salaries
- Family friendly FIFO roster, 4:3 from Cairns or Darwin (Or residential on Groote Eylandt)
- Industry leading parental leave and family care policy
- Education and career development
At South32, our people are fundamental to our success. We’re focused on creating an inclusive workplace, with the right people in the right roles, who are engaged, empowered, and appropriately rewarded.
We aspire to be an inclusive organisation, where our workforce reflects the broader demographic of the countries and communities where we operate. South32 embraces diversity and encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please note this job advert will close on the 3rd of November 2022.
Disclaimer: South32 may commence the recruitment process for this position prior to the advert closing.