Executive Assistant - Chief Operating Officer
Location: Brisbane City
Job Type: Full time
We are a major provider of electricity and energy solutions to Queensland, the National Electricity Market and large energy customers throughout Australia.
We care. We adapt . We deliver . These values underpin the decisions that we make, the actions that we take and the way we interact with each other. As we continue to serve our communities and deliver the power Queensland needs, we ‘ll contribute to the achievement of Queensland’s emission reduction targets and deliver on our energy and social obligations under the Queensland Energy and Jobs Plan.
At Stanwell, we provide the spark for a bright future. That future starts now.
About the Role
We are seeking an Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer for our office in the Brisbane CBD. This is an exciting time of change as Stanwell transitions to renewable energy while continuing to deliver secure and reliable electricity to the National Electricity Market. The operations team is heavily involved in these activities, and you will be primarily supporting the Chief Operating Officer and the Corporate Operations leaders as they deliver these critical business outcomes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Key point of contact for the Chief Operating Officer and the Operations Leadership Team
- Providing confidential, efficient, and timely support including coordination of meetings, travel arrangements, extensive diary management, review and classification of correspondence, including emails and executive committee submissions as required.
- Assisting and coordinating the development, review and formatting of documents, correspondence and reporting within expected timeframes. This includes Board, Executive Leadership Team and Sub-Committee submissions.
- Co-ordinating and collaborating on key monthly reporting submissions.
- Providing financial management support across the Corporate Operations functions. This include monitoring budgets, coordinating work orders, purchase requisitions, invoicing and processing accounts for payment through Ellipse.
- Administering and reconciling Corporate Operations credit cards, training, professional memberships, and other departmental monthly budget and payment requirements.
- Attending Stanwell’s operating sites to understand the culture, complexities, and diversity.
- Exercising independent judgement and maintaining discretion and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information, particularly regarding commercial or employee sensitive information.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and stakeholder engagement skills. The successful candidate is expected to build strong professional relationships and networks across the broader Stanwell organisation, including employees at all levels, government staff, Executive Leadership Team, Board and members of the Public.
- Ability to work autonomously, prioritise work to deadlines and current business need, follow through on tasks to a successful completion, be flexible and diplomatically manage varied and conflicting demands to agreed standards and timelines with strong attention to detail.
- Highly developed computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office suite (specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Experience with Ellipse, Content Manager and Concur is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to collect, analyse and present information in a meaningful manner to leadership for day-to-day activities as well as weekly and monthly meetings.
- Working knowledge and understanding of tracking and monitoring operational budgets.
- 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Centrally located in Brisbane CBD
- Weekly pay
- Incentive scheme
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives available
- Access to learning and development on and off the job.
- IP/TPD insurance units for Brighter Super members
- Plus, a whole lot more!
How to Apply
To submit your application, please apply online with your CV.
Applications Close: 11.55pm 30 March 2023
Further information on Stanwell can be found online at www.stanwell.com
As part of the recruitment process, you may be required to undertake pre-employment checks (may include police checks, medical assessment and/or drug and alcohol testing).
Inclusion and diversity is an important part of shaping Stanwell’s culture and how our workplace operates. We recognise and value that it’s essential to creating a safe, inclusive and productive workplace.
We are proactive about giving our people opportunities to excel and truly be themselves. We enable this through diversity, fairness and flexible work practices.