Verification & Validation Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
From take-off to landing, Thales offers the most complete range of solutions to provide dynamic air traffic control to support today's growing domestic and international travel requirements.
Utilising this knowledge and experience Thales Australia will deliver a harmonised Civil/Military Air Traffic Management System (CMATS) known as OneSKY, in Australia to Airservices Australia and Defence. This will enable a new level of safety and efficiency, while also reducing delays for the travelling public and providing opportunities to improve environmental outcomes. OneSKY will transform Australia’s sky and we are proud to be partners in its delivery.
Working within a talented and highly collaborative team, this is an opportunity to work on a completely greenfield product, the first in the world and something that will redefine our skies from a safety, efficiency and environmental impact.
About this position:
Software is at the heart of what we do and we are now looking to grow our Verification & Validation (V&V) team. As a passionate Engineer, you will define and conduct tests internally, in order to confirm the critical system’s fitness for purpose in relation to project objectives.
Due to the nature of this role, this is a site based position at our office in Tullamarine.
- Define test strategy to verify functional baseline requirements and allocated baseline requirements
- Validate solutions to confirm the system’s fitness for purpose in accordance with the project objectives and plans
- Conduct verification and validation tests in accordance with the project milestone at the program’s relevant location
- Create, maintain and trace test procedures
- Conduct tests during formal testing activities (AV&V) with the customer
- Participate in test procedure reviews and test readiness reviews, internally
- Track and verify and validate defect corrections including regression testing
- Maintain and retest test procedures as required
- Record test results and produce test procedure books and test reports
- A tertiary qualification in Engineering, Computer Science, IT or other relevant qualification
- Proven experience in Verification & Validation having worked within production/development environments.
- Good stakeholder management & engagement skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to travel to client’s sites, if required
- Ideally eligible for a baseline Defence Security Clearance
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.