Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About your role:
Lithgow small arms facility manages defence weaponry refurbishment programs as well as supporting weapon design and development projects for the Australian Defence Force.
Reporting to the Supply Chain manager, this role is a part of the warehouse function within the industrial supply chain, supporting onsite manufacturing activities.
You will work within a wider team that is involved with inventory control and preparation of raw material for manufacturing processes.
- Control of Inventory coming in and going out of main Store
- Safely and effectively move raw materials and parts around the site in order to meet internal and external customer requirements
- Move stock using a range of mechanical and manual methods including motorised vehicles
- Prepare raw materials for manufacturing processes by unpacking, packing, cutting and arranging as required.
- Complete quality records in accordance with the Quality Management system and training
- Actively participate in the continuous improvement of this function
How About You?
- Ideally you have experience working in a busy warehouse recently with an LF forklift licence
- You enjoy being busy and working as part of a team and you are passionate about working with a safety focus
- Certificate III Warehousing and Distribution or equivalent experience.
- Training in risk assessment techniques applicable to the work area
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance.
To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.