Graduate Network Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Want to be part of a Graduate Program like no other? We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales and we want you to be a part of it! Never heard of us? Thales employee 80,000 people globally to solve the problems of tomorrow. Working at Thales you could be solving problems in the aerospace, transportation, defence, security and the space industry. If your eager to learn, fuelled by curiosity and want to take pride in building solutions that help millions of people on a daily basis then our program is for you.
Our Graduate Program offering:
The Thales Graduate Program is a two year program commencing in February 2024. What makes us different from the rest?
- Thales offer a specialist program where you can expect to become an expert in your field
- We offer all graduates permanent roles at Thales – we aim to develop you for the future
- You will experience multiple graduate days and site visits in our Sydney and Melbourne locations
- A structured learning and development program sees you supported throughout your journey
- Our mentor program sees our graduates supports by the best and brightest in our business
About Your Role
Working in our Melbourne office overtime you will become an expert in IT Networking helping deliver solutions to our airspace mobility projects. On any one day you can expect to:
- As part of a team assist in network equipment installation, configuration and administration
- Familiarise yourself with documentation and the complex world of air traffic management
- Working cross functionally with various engineering disciplines to deliver solutions to our clients
How About You?
- You are recently degree qualified in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline with a minimum credit average, or be in the final year of completing for graduation end of 2023
- Have experience as an IP networks administrator (L2 or L3)
- You are eager to learn and are naturally curios about how things work, we see questions and proposing ideas as a good thing!
- Communication is your strong suite both verbally and written
- You make things happen – you see an opportunity and naturally you go for it
- You are open minded and thrive working in a diverse environment
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.