Location: West Leederville
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role
We have an exciting opening for a Software Engineer to join our Explosive Ordnance (EO) Services business. The position entails handling software development tasks, such as requirements analysis, software design, component implementation, system integration, technical documentation, and testing. The successful candidate will work in collaboration with stakeholders, software teams, and Explosive Ordnance business management personnel to produce superior quality software solutions within the budget and schedule.
This presents an excellent opportunity to take part in projects that concentrate on the digital transformation of procedures linked to our storage, distribution, and maintenance warehouses.
- Participating in Agile and Lean development practices
- Undertaking software design and software component reviews
- Implementing approved software designs in 3GL or other technologies
- Performing code inspections, design reviews, and non-functional software performance assessments
- Contributing to software process improvement activities and initiatives
- Supporting the implementation and integration of EO logistics software solutions into EO Services business processes
- Preparing formal test plans and procedures
- Participating in customer review meetings and workshops
How About You?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong Agile software engineering methodology and concept experience
- Object Oriented Software Design Experience and UML Modelling tools
- Experience with Unix, Linux, and/or Windows software development environments
- Proficient with either Java, C++ or 3GL object oriented languages
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance.
To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.