Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About your role
Thales Australia Vehicle & Tactical Systems exists to develop protected mobility vehicles, developing specialised products to meet specific requirements not catered for elsewhere. As a domain, the goal of Protected Vehicles (PRV) is to develop an organisation that provides world class Protected Vehicle solutions and through life support to defence organisations around the world. This will include the support and improvement of Bushmaster and Hawkei vehicle variants and the development of new products.
The Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) Manager (Project) works in close concert with the ILS teams to deliver and maintain the support system for their relevant customer(s) with the planning and coordination tasks which underpin execution of the ILS program. The incumbent will be expected to take responsibility for the delivery of support system artefacts that are relevant to their customer. Proactive, advanced organisation and communication skills will be required.
Key responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Preparation and maintenance of ILS Plans as required by the project.
- Create ILS estimates (quotes) in conjunction with the relevant Project Managers and Project Engineers.
- Create, manage and report on the ILS schedules and their dependencies.
- Manage a team within the ILS matrix organisation.
- Maintain the reportable ILS metrics used to communicate progress both internally and externally.
- Maintain assigned Cost Accounts.
- Point of contact for the customers with regard to their Project ILS matters.
- Assist with the preparation of Contract Change Proposals.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant technical/business/military discipline
- Management qualifications and/or experience
- Commercial experience in a related discipline
- Thorough understanding of military and/or commercial product support processes
- Minimum of 5 years ILS practitioner experience.
- Working knowledge of work package management principles
- Demonstrable knowledge of the MS Office suite of programs with particular emphasis on Word and Excel at an intermediate to advanced level of knowledge
- A knowledge of SharePoint (or similar program), implementation and management
- An active awareness of customer service and satisfaction requirements
- Effective people management and communication skills
- Project Management experience (desirable)
- Work package management (desirable)
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Prior to offer you’ll complete a pre-employment police and medical check.
Thales also complies with current public health orders in place and as such you may be requested to provide your COVID-19 vaccination record.
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.