Facilities Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Lithgow small arms facility manages defence weaponry refurbishment programs as well as supporting weapon design and development projects for the Australian Defence Force.
The Thales Australia small arms manufacturing facility in Lithgow is now recruiting for a Facilities Project Manager to manage, co-ordinate and deliver the full range of remediation, demolition and construction activity across the historic Lithgow Site.
The role is responsible for the management of schedule, budget, contractor management along with all HSE related requirements and compliance
This position is a 2-year fixed term contract.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Delivering works in accordance with the site master plan and monitoring implementation.
- Supplier liaison and relationship management to ensure Thales successfully delivers current scope of work in accordance with Strategic and corporate plans.
- Engagement and management of internal stakeholders to achieve customer requirements and expectations.
- Executing, monitoring and controlling the construction and remediation until its completion.
- Establish and manage Project schedule baseline; including project contractor updates and reporting of schedule, work package description, management plans, costs and budgets
Ideally you will possess:
- Proven experience in Project Management within a Construction or Environmental works
- Strong Change Leadership and Management skills, risk management and mitigation skills
- Constructive and persuasive communication skills with the ability to engage and build effective relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to facilitate risk assessments and manage risk management processes.
- Qualification or certification in Project Management, Engineering, Building and Construction or Business desired
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.