Location: West Leederville
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
Thales Secure communications and information systems business, is firmly established as a world-leading designer, manufacturer and provider of wide-ranging technology and systems for secure and dependable communications on land, at sea and in the air. With this comes dedicated support and fully managed services to help customers adapt to ever-changing operational environments and evolving threats.
Our Digital Systems business develops a range of high-tech solutions covering, military communications, deployed ICT, Cybersecurity, Training and Simulation and Digital Identity/Security.
We are looking for a new Software Engineer to join the team!
Our software runs critical systems that make the world a safer and more secure place. From Java client and server applications backed by SQL Server, to NodeJS applications written in Typescript and Angular webapps in the cloud. We work with a variety of tech stacks to deliver information to where it is needed. As a Software Engineer, you'll be involved throughout the Software Development Lifecycle, from design through to implementation, testing and deployment.
Whether you are just looking for something different, or to begin a fulfilling career, Thales will be able to provide interesting opportunities, flexibility and support to achieve a suitable work life balance. Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with other engineers and stakeholders across the organisation to design, develop and implement solutions to complex problems on projects that matter.
- Find ways to evolve and improve the way we develop, deploy and deliver software.
- Enjoy the social aspects of the work place including daily coffee and banter, building relationships and working together to overcome challenges
What you'll need:
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering or a related engineering discipline.
- Australian citizenship
What might you be expected to work with and gain exposure to:
- Software development methodologies, software architecture and best practice
- UI and UX design
- DevOps and CI/CD pipelines
- Containerisation with Docker or Podman and orchestration with Kubernetes
- Cloud solution deployment and orchestration
- Opportunities to design and implement features and software solutions
- Full-stack development
- Databases (SQL or NoSQL)
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.