Senior Bid Manager
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
In fast changing markets, customers worldwide rely on Thales. Thales is a business where brilliant people from all over the world come together to share ideas and inspire each other. In aerospace, transportation, defence, security and space, our architects design innovative solutions that make our tomorrow’s possible.
The purpose of this position is to lead and manage large Critical bids across the range of Thales Australia’s business portfolio as well as carrying out health checks on key opportunities to ensure they are best placed to execute a winning strategy.
The Senior Bid Manager is responsible for the development of high-quality winning Bids and Proposals for prospective customers, within the Thales governance framework. This entails the management of a multi-disciplined and multi-entity proposal team through the bid development process.
This position can be based in either Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne – flexible work arrangements available.
Duties will cover all aspects of Bid Management including:
- Adherence to corporate bid governance,
- Leading and managing assembled bid teams to meet business objectives
- Leading the development of winning bids and proposals,
- Leading an effective and collaborative working relationships with functional areas,
- Proposing improvement to the Thales Bid Management framework
You will possess
- Australian Citizenship (to be eligible for clearance)
- Extensive experience within Bid Management or Project Management (coupled with bid exposure) with multi-partners/major con-tractors.
- Experience in working on large bids $100m+
- Understanding of Project Management, Engineering and also the manufacturing/production process
- Defence experience will be highly regarded
- APMP or IBMA certification will be highly regarded
- Exceptional communication skills
- Competitive base salary + Super + Annual Bonus
- Paid health insurance for you and your family
- Flexible Hybrid working conditions (1 or 2 days in the office)
- Employee discounts with a number of affiliates (Travel, Car hire, Tech)
- Fitness Passport discount
- Modernised Paid Parental leave
- Veterans Leave
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.