Senior Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
We have a need for a Senior Systems Engineer with Air Traffic Management experience for the TopSKY subsystem which provides the core Air Traffic Management functionality of CMATS.
In this role you will work in an international multidisciplinary feature team focused on the design, development and validation of a TopSKY function. You will be responsible for the technical design and will lead the product-release plans.
This role will assume the responsibility of Product Owner (PO) working in a SAFe framework. The PO is responsible for the allocation and prioritisation of ATM functions to epics to maximise the value delivered by the team and ensure that the team backlog is aligned to business objectives as defined by the Initiative Owner (IO).
This position is based at the World Trade Centre in Melbourne CBD.
Role & Responsibility:
- Organise the co-engineering of the Feature Team working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Design and maintain the systems engineering artefacts for the ATM function, including; requirements, capability description, functional behaviour and data exchanges (internal and external interfaces)
- Ensure the transversal constraints related to the function are considered (Safety, Human Factor, Performance, Security)
- Contribute and participate to the technical reviews (SOR, SFR, FIRR, SwRR)
- Contribute to the definition of the validation strategy
- Provides technical oversight to other teams within the project/bid, ensuring that the designed solution is implemented as per the design and in accordance to the project/bid schedule and cost and quality constraints.
- Define and report on KPIs for the function
- Manage the master schedule of the function definition, integration, validation and verification along with the evidences needed to support the safety case and security accreditation
- Degree in Engineering, IT or related discipline
- Postgraduate studies in Systems Engineering (Desirable)
- Air Traffic Management in one or more of the following functional areas:
- Simulation and Training
- Safety Nets/Conflict Detection
- Experience with Air Traffic Management standards eg. ICAO, Eurocontrol, AID
- Proven experience in Systems Engineering (7+ years) including; Requirements, Design, Integration and Verification and Validation
- Experience with Systems Engineering Standards eg. ISO/IEC15288
- Proven experience in the development of products and projects in a variety of methodologies, with a particular focus on iterative/agile development
- Experience with Safety, Security and Human Factors standards and practices
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.