Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
A great opportunity has become available for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team based in Rydalmere. As part of our Avionics (AVS) group, you will be responsible for the execution of activities across Systems and Software tasks within AVS projects. The Software Engineer is responsible for the execution of the activities assigned by a supervising engineer across Systems and Software tasks:
- Understand customer needs - participate in requirements elicitation, analysis and development, ensure traceability of all requirements
- Development of mission / function descriptions, architectural design and requirements documentation.
- Participate in the conduct of trade studies to assist with the selection of solutions and/or associated technologies.
- Development of product specifications and detailed design documentation.
- Participate in the procurement, development, implementation and documentation of solutions.
- Participate in the verification and validation of solutions against established requirements.
- Support and participate in the conduct of Chorus 2.0 reviews.
- Report on progress of assigned engineering tasks and escalate any risks to schedule or milestones to the supervising engineer.
- Undertake assigned tasks in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle; Software requirements management, software solution orientation, software design, implementation, integration and test.
- Implement software designs in C, C++ and/or other languages and technologies as required, utilising tools provided by a Software Development Environment.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the Software Development Environment (SDE) for a project including the maintenance of Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools.
- Adhere to Software Configuration Management processes at departmental and project levels.
- Participate in code inspections, design reviews and lessons learnt reviews as required.
- Participate in development and execution of informal and formal testing relating to software development (Unit, Integration, System, Acceptance).
- Document all aspects of the software production process in accordance with company processes and standards
- Report on progress of assigned software engineering tasks and escalate any risks to schedule or milestones to the Solution Engineering Manager.
- Experience in Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, and Information and Communication Technology systems and the implementation of these systems through a development lifecycle.
- Experience in the engineering lifecycle, including experience in requirements management, Design, Development, Integration, Verification, Validation and Qualification of engineering solutions.
- Demonstrated ‘can do’ approach with a focus on achieving project milestones and deadlines.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organisational and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of quality concepts, standards, systems and programs and their importance to the organisations success.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail orientated and organised.
- Computer skills with Office productivity applications e.g. MS Office
- Experience in one or more high level programming languages e.g. C, C++, Python
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.