Procurement Project Manager
Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
A great opportunity has become available for an experienced Procurement Project Managerto join the Digital Solutions team in Rydalmere. Join us in driving sourcing and category management excellence and delivering exceptional results. Apply your expertise to shape the future of our solutions working at local and internation al scale .
As the Procurement Project Manager for Digital Systems, you will be accountable for:
- Promoting a cost effective supply chain approach with the suppliers in order to increase the competitiveness of the solution,
- Coordinating the execution of the Procurement plan and the PVet process with the support of the relevant Category Buyers (located in country or internationally)
- Coordinating the Subcontracts administration including appropriate flowed down of head contracts clauses and general subcontract administration, via Category Buyers and Subcontracts Managers
- Compliance to the “Manage Acquisition” process and the Thales Group Procurement policies
- Fostering synergies with the overall procurement activities in Australia and within the Business Line worldwide.
- Operating closely with all the other PPMs within Thales Australia and Global Business Lines, locally and internationally
KEY KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE To be successful in your role, you will have demonstrated and/or acquired the following knowledge and experience:
- 10+ Years in procurement experience or strategic sourcing within a high-tech environment with a specific focus on vehicle, truck and/or mobile applications
- Experience working within a large international organisation and complex project environment
- Supply Chain experience in dealing with Bid and Proposal procurement activities
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and influence decisions
- Experience in negotiating and managing contract spends of up to $20M Strong communication skills
- Make/Buy and Risk Management skills
- Track record of bringing value and ability to capture innovation
- Competitive remuneration + Super + Bonus + Free Medical Insurance
- ThalesFlex – Hybrid work environment
- Fitness Passport Discount – Access to a network of Gyms across AUS as cheap as $14.95 P/W
- Employee discounts with a number of affiliates (Travel, Car hire, Tech, Medical Insurance)
- Modernised Paid Parental Leave
- Veterans Leave
- Novated Lease options
- Family support through our partnership with Parents at Work
- Exciting social events
- Personal & professional training development opportunities
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.