Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
About Your Role: Industrialisation Project Manager
Lead and manage key strategic bids and projects within the Under Water Systems portfolio at our Rydalmere Industrial Competency Centre. Your role encompasses all aspects of Bid & Project Management, including assembling and leading project teams, exceeding project objectives, nurturing strategic customer relationships, and crafting competitive bid offers while upholding Thales' Project Management Governance framework.
These projects focus specifically on transitioning new product designs into full scale production. You will lead the team responsible for developing the supply chain and manufacturing capabilities that will deliver a number of long-term production contracts.
- Lead and manage bids and projects in line with Thales guidelines and business objectives.
- Execute, monitor, and control assigned projects.
- Take the lead as a Bid Manager, developing winning strategies and compelling offers.
- Enhance and manage integrated schedules, budgets, risks, and opportunities.
- Coordinate input from suppliers and partners, oversee subcontracts.
- Prepare and present internal and customer reports.
- Identify and analyse key performance indicators, providing early alerts for variances and risks, and developing mitigation strategies.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, project management, or a related discipline.
- IPMA Certification or the ability to obtain IPMA Level B certification.
- At least five years of senior-level Bid and Project Management experience with major co-contractors.
- Ten years of experience in complex mission systems design, development, and delivery.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Supply Chain and or Production operations management.
- Proficiency in complex Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Confidence and maturity to represent the company at high levels.
- Demonstrated ability to build high-performing teams.
- Ability to navigate complexity and ambiguity to make effective commercial and financial decisions.
- Experience with Defence ASDEFCON procurement.
Benefits @ Thales
- Competitive salary + Super + Bonus + Free health Insurance for you and your family
- ThalesFlex – Hybrid work environment
- Fitness Passport Discount – Access to a network of Gyms across AUS as cheap as $14.95 P/W
- Employee discounts with a number of affiliates (Travel, Car hire, Tech, Medical Insurance)
- Modernised Paid Parental Leave
- Veterans Leave
- Novated Lease options
- Family support through our partnership with Parents at Work
- Exciting social events
- Personal & professional training development opportunities
- Free on-site parking + on-site canteen
Good to Know
You’ll get an email acknowledgement after you’ve applied, Thales strives to provide a personalised experience for all suitable applicants.
As a Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain an appropriate clearance. To learn more about clearances please visit – http://www.defence.gov.au/AGSVA/
For more information on Thales visit us @ThalesCareers on Instagram. #LI-SG1
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.