Job Type: Full time
We’re inventing the future, right here, right now, at Thales. We design the critical security solutions of tomorrow by combining the curiosity to explore, the intelligence to question and the vision to create. Together we solve complicated problems by combining our experience in the market with our leading research and development capabilities.
The Validation Engineer is a key role for the OneSKY project and as part of the Validation team, helps to define and deliver a fit for purpose solution to the end user. This is a front facing role and requires direct engagement with our Customer (Civil and Defence) and key internal stakeholders.
The role will be focused on the validation of our Technical and Support Systems E.g. Control and Monitoring, which provides the functionality required to support the technical maintenance of the system.
This position will be based across our testing facility in Tullamarine & Melbourne CBD office.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Lead working groups with internal and external stakeholders (Civil and Defence)
- Responsible for all documentation linked with Validation subjects (traceability matrix, tests, reports,…)
- Define, write and run Validation tests for the Technical / Support Systems to ensure:
- Early evaluation with the customer for each major system release (Continuous Operational Maturity Assessment)
- On Site Validation for each site (Civil or Defence) to be handed over to the final customer
- Mature the list of scenarios and tests to be run in order to validate customer inputs from Operational Concept Document.
- Mature the list of scenarios and tests to validate the Support Systems concepts as described in the Design Documentation
- Liaise with all subsystems teams in order to coordinate the end to end scenarios
On day one you’ll come with:
- Be eligible or hold an Australian Defence Security Clearance.
- 5+ years’ experience in similar positions on projects delivering complex software-centric real-time systems.
- Demonstrated experience in IVV for technical and support systems e.g. Control and Monitoring systems that enable Technical Supervision and Maintenance of a System
- Experience with Engineering tools such as DOORS, JIRA
- Experience with collective decisions and conflict resolutions
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and isolate issues effectively
- Competitive remuneration + Super + Bonus + Free Medical Insurance
- Fitness Passport Discount – Access to a network of Gyms across AUS as cheap as $14.95 P/W
- Employee discounts with a number of affiliates (Travel, Car hire, Tech, Medical Insurance)
- Modernised Paid Parental Leave
- Veterans Leave
- Novated Lease options
- Family support through our partnership with Parents at Work
- Exciting social events
- Personal & professional training development opportunities
Thales is committed to promoting and maintaining a workplace culture of shared respect that enables all of us to feel valued, do our best, and remain truly passionate about the place that we work. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and individuals from diverse backgrounds.
We are also proud to be a WORK180 Endorsed Employer for Women. If you would like to know more on how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives here: https://work180.com/en-AU/for-women/employer/thales.
Wellbeing matters at Thales, and where possible we encourage flexible working.