Senior Analyst - Taxation
Location: Port Melbourne
Job Type: Full time
Oh What A Feeling!
At Toyota we celebrate individual differences, and we strive to create a workplace that not only gives equal opportunities to people of all backgrounds and abilities but supports them to reach their full potential. Afterall, our people are our greatest assets. We do this through employee community engagement, mentorship, development and recognition programs and our annual Women's Conference.
Together, we are Toyota.
Toyota Motor Corporation Australia is well-recognised for offering:
- Fully maintained motor vehicle including insurance and fuel
- 13% superannuation with subsidised income protection, life and total disability insurance
- Annual contribution to your private health insurance worth over $1800
- Significant family vehicle lease and purchase discounts
- Flexible hours and workspaces, with a hybrid of working from home and in the office
- Wellness facilities - free onsite gym, end of trip facilities
- Free car parking and discounted onsite cafe
- Free onsite primary school holiday program
- 5 days paid domestic and family violence leave
- Genuine career development: promotions, rotations, study assistance, paid study leave and paid professional membership
- Paid volunteer days to support your community and matched giving program
- 14 weeks paid primary carers leave, 4 weeks paid parental leave for secondary carers and superannuation paid on unpaid parental leave
What you'll contribute to
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Analyst - Taxation to join our Finance Procurement & Legal division in permanent full-time capacity. The Finance Procurement & Legal Division is responsible for providing the business with corporate support with respect to all finance and Procurement activities to enable TMCA to execute its strategy and achieve its objectives.
The Senior Analyst, Taxation is primarily responsible for implementing appropriate tax strategies in accordance with relevant legislation and for coordinating the development, implementation, standardisation and updating of policies and procedures to ensure that TMCA has adequate taxation practices to support a sustainable business whilst ensuring that Toyota's legal and compliance obligations are met.
This role is based in Port Melbourne with flexible work arrangements on offer.
How you'll make an impact
- Manage the statutory tax obligations and arrangements of the head entity of a MEC group and provide expert tax advice to the business in relation to various transactions including review of tax related policies with a view of continuous compliance process improvement.
- Ensure timely compliance with tax lodgements and reporting obligations, including preparation and review of income tax returns and income tax provision calculations.
- Preparation of CbC reporting and various submissions to TMC Japan.
- Management of tax authority reviews/audits.
- Manage the preparation and lodgement of FBT return, including analysis of car fringe
benefits, domestic and international relocation benefits, entertainment benefits, various expense payment, residual and property benefits.
- Preparation and monitoring of FBT budget, preparation and review of monthly BAS, including GST advice on transactions and preparation and review of Payroll Tax return.
- Preparation and delivery of tax specific training across the organisation.
Your attributes - If you've got one or more, we'd love to hear from you!
- CPA or CA qualified with proven taxation experience and knowledge.
- Ability to prepare tax returns through to lodgement.
- Background in income tax, FBT and payroll tax.
- Ability to understand business and commercial drivers with exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to use/ navigate complex systems including SAP and Microsoft Office Suite.
Make your impossible, possible & apply today!
You're welcome to find out more by visiting our careers page: www.toyota.com.au/careers.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use.
We are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements, so please let us know during the recruitment process if there are any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process and your preferred type of communication, and we will be in touch to discuss your requirements.
Toyota is an endorsed employer for all women; check out our benefits directly at WORK180.
We don't require a cover letter or selection criteria to be addressed.
Come with us and help create the future.