IT Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full time
Manage the day-to-day operations of the IT Infrastructure team and the delivery of IT support through the extended IT team ensuring the key functions of IT service management, change management, process, knowledge management and governance are being delivered to the required standard.
Operating Environment :
Transdev is operating in an increasingly complex and competitive environment with changing demographics, increased populations in our cities and changing needs from public transportation providers, across numerous jurisdictions in Australasia.
Transdev Businesses operate in a competitive environment - competing against large multi-nationals, medium sized local operators and aggressive small family-owned businesses. Our environment is one where the government is raising expectations from its private providers, in areas including but not limited to: customer experience, safety, value for money, and sustainability both during formal procurement processes and through the life of each of our contracts. We aim to deliver safe and reliable Bus, Ferry, Light Rail and Rail services which continuously balance innovation, profitability and partnerships with our stakeholders.
The IT function assists current businesses by providing best practice business processes and technology innovation to ensure efficient operations of Transdev Australasia’s core system database, network, client servers, technical support help desk and voice/data communications systems.
Framework & Boundaries – Main challenges and complexity elements:
§ Transdev global requirements
§ Current policies, systems, security, and processes
§ Existing organisational culture
Principal Accountabilities (the outputs of the job) and major activities:
1. Leading and managing the IT Infrastructure team
§ Provide leadership, coaching and mentoring for the Infrastructure team
§ Ensure compliance with all HR policies
§ Management of rosters, on-call and team development initiatives
§ Monitoring and managing ticket queues
§ Support project initiatives by allocating resourcing
§ Assessing performance against SLAs
§ Provide recommendations to management on ways to improve performance and availability
2. Implement and mature ITIL based processes and practices:
§ Ensuring core infrastructure and security functions have defined processes
§ Develop technical specifications for system changes according to the details in an approved change request
§ Identifying opportunities to enhance existing processes and procedures
§ Ensure Change management and release management protocols are followed
3. Technical skills:
§ Windows Server
§ Active Directory
§ Firewall Rule / Load Balancing Configuration
§ Disaster Recovery Replication technologies
§ Private Cloud / M365 / Azure Capabilities
Desirable technical skills in:
§ Database (SQL / Oracle)
§ Data / Database Migration Methods
§ Service Now
4. IT Service Performance Reporting:
§ Manage and assess extended team performance
§ Generating supporting data to analyse performance against SLAs
§ Provide monthly reporting on availability, performance and capability. Or as required
§ Provide analysis based on reporting to identify problem areas and improvement opportunities
5. Knowledge Management:
§ Develop and update technical documentation and diagrams as required
§ Update knowledge management documentation as changes occur
§ Implementing process based support practices in the Service Desk team and wider IT team.
Experience and Qualifications:
- ITIL Certification
- Tertiary qualifications in Information Technology/ Computer Science or other related discipline
- IT Certifications, such as AWS, VMware VCP, Citrix CCP, MSCE, ITILV3, CCNA in addition to extensive experience in supporting these technologies in a large and complex enterprise environment.
- Previous experience in a hands-on IT senior infrastructure role (minimum of five years) or a team lead role
- Demonstrated experience in designing, documenting and implementing IT processes
- Demonstrated experience in computer networking, systems engineering, and cloud technologies
- Extensive experience and certifications in server and application virtualisation, storage, SQL and operating systems including Windows/Linux server.
Skills and Attributes:
- Leadership of the IT infrastructure team, coaching and training to improve performance and compliance with processes
- Translates SLAs into clear performance goals and practical processes
- Develops collaborative and cooperative relationships with others (both internal and external)
- Identifies and addresses potential challenges quickly, takes ownership of issues and ensures resolution or escalation
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco products Including Switching, firewalls, Wireless, ISE, PRIME and CUCM.
- Experience with Virtualisation Technologies such as the VM-Ware product suite
- Experienced Microsoft Administrator with PowerShell, SQL, Microsoft 365 and other related products.
- Experience with Cyber Security Practises such as the Essential 8, CIS or CSA
- The ability to communicate complex information to a broad audience.