Project Engineer - Grade 2
Location: Eastern Creek
Job Type: Full time
Project Engineer / Senior Project Engineer
- High performing, diverse, inclusive, and supportive team
- Proudly making a difference with the transition to renewable energy
- 11% Superannuation | EAP | Fitness Passport
- Based in various locations
This is an exciting opportunity for the Project Engineers and Senior Project Engineers to be part of an organisation dedicated to nation-building renewable energy projects that will provide on-demand energy and large-scale storage for many generations to come.
The Project Engineers (Grade 1 & 2) will manage the project engineering function within the project team. They will be a part of a project team(s) to manage a lot of the technical, procurement, material, construction, design coordination and start-up and close out items. The Project Engineer will provide the support as necessary to the Project Manager to deliver the projects.
The Senior Project Engineers will manage the project engineering function within the project team. They will be required to undertake detailed engineering management and support to various Project Teams in the delivery of projects across the prescribed and non-prescribed programs. Working closely with the Construction, Lumea, Procurement, Engineering Design, Project Development and Asset Management teams, this role will require a highly collaborative, influential, and technically astute person to coordinate critical projects across Australia.
- Degree qualification in relevant discipline or substantial industry experience (typically 4-8 years) in the delivery of large scale projects.
- Experience in the design, construction and management of large, complex infrastructure projects with multiple stakeholders.
- High level of technical knowledge in the construction of substation or transmission line assets.
- High level business and commercial acumen.
- Proven to work well autonomously.
- High standard of communication and report writing skills, personal integrity and professionalism.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, Australian Standards and Government policy guidelines, which govern safety, engineering design, environmental assessment for the implementation of engineering projects.
- Experience in the management of client-side construction contracts as well as customer facing contracts.
- Experience in managing workplace/construction Health & Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Experience in peer mentorship and resources management.
- Ability to travel to project sites as required.
- A current Drivers Licence
Recognition & Reward
In return for your hard work, we have numerous benefits and initiatives to support you personally and professionally including but not limited to private health insurance discount, motor vehicle lease plan, career development support, study assistance program and workplace flexibility.
Continue to make it happen for your career, and for the millions of Australians who rely on our services every day.
Who we are
At Transgrid, our work improves the lives of millions – from lighting up sports fields, schools and homes, to powering the wheels of commerce and everything else in between. Now it’s your turn to make it happen.
Transgrid offer fulfilling careers for driven people who can help ensure that our business and the essential services we provide to consumers, the community and key stakeholders are continually improving. With us you will thrive in a collaborative environment where new ideas and knowledge sharing are encouraged, and where you’ll be supported through opportunities to develop and achieve your full potential.
This is an exciting time in the energy industry with the transition to renewable energy. Recent government policy documents outline plans to facilitate increasing transmission interconnection between states and development of renewable energy zones.
Applications close on 06/10/2023
Please note, our vacancy close dates may be subject to change, we will assess applications as they are received.
We do not accept agency introductions as Transgrid operates a direct sourcing model.
Transgrid is committed to Health and Safety, the Environment, Equal Employment Opportunity, Diversity and Ethical Practices. All applicants are expected to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to these areas.